A bit of advice please

Chestersmummy

Visit site
My 7 year old TB has had 2 months off due to me fracturing my wrist and no one to ride him.
I'm just bringing him back into work by lunging and walking him, the thing is he's all of a sudden become very highly strung!
Before I fractured my wrist he was so laid back and easy to ride.
Since I hurt my wrist the horses have been changed from the summer grazing onto the winter grazing so I'm wondering if the new grass has 'fizzed' him up.
What would you recommend to kget some fizz out of him other than lunging as he gets very bored of that.
Thanks

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Is he in during the night, are you giving him short feed,or is he out 24/7 just grazing. Is your wrist now ok, so could you not lunge him 10-15 mins and then ride him for 10 mins and then build slowly upwards, could be the rather windy weather we have being having just lately.:)

Chestersmummy

Visit site
Hes out from 8.30 - 3.30ish everyday. He's fed on Hi-Fi Mollasse free, 3 times a day and he has 3 haynets per night.
He has no hard feed at all as that straight away fizzies him up and I've learnt from experience not to give him anything other than his Hi-Fi.
Due to time this week I'm only able to lunge him except Thursday when I can ride.
I'm wondering if loose schooling him might help get the fizz out of him.