A bit of advice please

TicTac

Visit site
I'd like to go and see this horse as she ticks all the boxes apart from being a chestnut mare!!

I have attached a photo from the add, The only thing that stands out to me is the dip in her back but that may be just me being ultra critical. She's 10 years old. what do you think?

Dolly.jpg

HBM1

Visit site
I think she has a lovely expression and I also think it is a terrible photo. If you are interested go see her definitely as sometimes people squish their photos completely out of proportion without realising. I saw a terrible photo (similar to this actually) of one of my homebreds the other day where the photo has been made to fit the space and I know she does not look like that at all!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Are there any other pictures from the ad? I'm not very good on the conformation thing, but her front and back ends don't match which may or may not be ok depending on how much she has done and how young she is. My just turned 5 yr old is a bit like that but he's also still growing. I'm not even sure if it's the way the picture is taken. Sorry not much help at all really.

ETA - sorry just seen the age, what's she done?

Last edited:

TicTac

Visit site
Are there any other pictures from the ad? I'm not very good on the conformation thing, but her front and back ends don't match which may or may not be ok depending on how much she has done and how young she is. My just turned 5 yr old is a bit like that but he's also still growing. I'm not even sure if it's the way the picture is taken. Sorry not much help at all really.

ETA - sorry just seen the age, what's she done?

She's a Belgium warmblood and currently jumping 1m 10 BSJA. I dont want to do any serious jumping.

I agree that in the photo the horse is not standing very well but I have asked the seller to send me some more. I think she has a lovely expression.

TicTac

Visit site
Thanks, I have asked for as much info and more photos from the seller as possible as she is over 100 miles away! I have looked at 6 horses so far including a hugely wasted journey to Oxford on saturday to be confronted with a rude seller and lame horse.

I have decided that this will probably be the last long journey I do as I'm getting a bit fed up and disillusioned now. However patience is the key I think :-(

nikicb

www.facebook.com
See if you can get some videos. For me seeing the videos and photos (and also having a PC reference, but you could look at competition records) meant I pretty much knew what my horse was going to be like before I went. It also helped me ride him better when I tried him because I watched the videos so many times. :)