A bit of light housework. How to make hoovering more fun

gallopingby

Visit site
Grooming ‘machines’ have been around a long time. In the 70s & 80s they were used to help strap show horses. The top rated ones are still around although many were quite heavy to use. They do an excellent job and horses soon get used to them.

Auslander

Visit site
Grooming ‘machines’ have been around a long time. In the 70s & 80s they were used to help strap show horses. The top rated ones are still around although many were quite heavy to use. They do an excellent job and horses soon get used to them.
I know - just haven't tried one on my horse before!

tristar

Visit site
i had a groomer with a rotating head and another which used suction, they were both expensive and the horses loved them, but have seen people using a henry hoover and thought why not as ordinary hoovers are cheap in comparison

tiahatti

Visit site
Not horse related, but I used to hoover my cat. On the lowest setting so that I didn't suck her up the hoover. She loved it, I think it must have been the warm air coming out of the nozzle x

Mrs B

Visit site
Do love Alf!

Although I think I'd need one of these for H: (not sure how happy he'd be about the experience, though ... :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• carwash.jpg
    carwash.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1

Auslander

Visit site
Last edited:

flying_high

Visit site
That's what I have. I've got nothing to compare it against, but it seems ok to me! They do do a curry comb one, but I've not found one sufficiently cheaply yet!https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Numatic-He...rse-or-Dog-601156/1205417093?iid=121896549371

Ooh thanks, I might splash out. I have sadly lost an older horse recently, and have forced myself to power hose / machine wash all his rugs (different size to other horse), and equipment and list all on ebay, and if I sell enough stuff I might invest the proceeds in some horse related indulgences, once I have cleared vet bills!

Twohorses

Visit site
Ooh thanks, I might splash out. I have sadly lost an older horse recently, and have forced myself to power hose / machine wash all his rugs (different size to other horse), and equipment and list all on ebay, and if I sell enough stuff I might invest the proceeds in some horse related indulgences, once I have cleared vet bills!

I am so sorry for your loss:(. Laying one to rest is never easy.

Vacuums -- 15 years ago, I am pretty sure my alpha horse understood "we are riding in the Christmas parade tonight."

He found himself a mud hole and came up to the barn caked in mud from nose-to-tail. Christmas time where I live is no time to be bathing a horse, especially if it has to be done outside.

Right then I borrowed DH's shop vac and told my best horse "to just stand there because I said so" :). I spent close to four hours vacuuming, and brushing with various types of brushes. I never use ShoSheen or anything like it but I sent DH to the tack store and used it that night:)

I have been vacuuming horses every Spring, since then. Now that I'm old and the arthritis isn't going anywhere, it's a LOT easier on my shoulders and wrists during shedding season:)

The shop vac I "borrowed" from DH 15 years ago? It's still in my barn, lollol. Several years went by before he accepted the fact I was never going to let him take ownership of it again, so he broke down and bought another one for himself:):)

meleeka

Visit site
Two of mine love a hoover! They both have really thick native coats so getting a brush all the way through is almost impossible. My mini doesn’t even need tying up. I use my Dyson Cordless because it doesn’t get much use at home 😊