A bit question?

xXGemblesXx

Visit site
I have another stupid question for you all.

At the moment I have got my girl in a loose ring, french link dutch gag (reins on the 1st ring). However she doesn't seem particularily happy in it and it rubs the corners of her mouth.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use instead? She is quite forward but generally listens *touches wood madly*
wink.gif

Thanks
x

KatB

Visit site
Why have you got her in a dutch gag?
smile.gif
Does she go in a snaffle? Is she strong, does she put her head up/down?
smile.gif
Whats her schooling like?

bushbaby28

Visit site
As above really. If shes forward but listens then just try her in loose ring snaffle.

Are her teeth up to date?

Springbok

Visit site
If the reins are on the first ring, you might want to go to a french link snaffle? If you still like the bit, try putting rubber bit guards on it - the ones which are discs you slip over the rings (after lots of elbow grease and a tub of hot water ).

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
If the reins are on the first ring, you might want to go to a french link snaffle? If you still like the bit, try putting rubber bit guards on it - the ones which are discs you slip over the rings (after lots of elbow grease and a tub of hot water ).

[/ QUOTE ]

or, in my case, after lots of elbow grease, a few tears, and a husband that takes pity on me... they are too impossible for words. it's like the rubber disc equivilent of childbirth.
wink.gif

btw, ditto the above, loose ring, french link snaffle. no point in having her in gag if she doesn't need it.

xXGemblesXx

Visit site
Well when we bought her we were advised to put her in the dutch gag because it meant I could fiddle with the leverage whilst I got to know her
smile.gif

She's a very good girl normally but she does sometimes have a tendancy to get a bit over excited in fields, grab the bit and then chrage
blush.gif
Schooling is improving veeerrryyy slowly
laugh.gif
she doesnt stop as well as she starts lets put it like that....
wink.gif

xXGemblesXx

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. They are the most annoying things that have ever been invented
mad.gif
that and those martingale stops.....
tongue.gif