A Bit Question!

Ecila

www.freewebs.com
On My 4 year old at the moment i have a happy mouth french link full cheek snaffle, which is normally fine for schooling but out on hacks and jumping i can't stop! I can steer normally just not stop, and when she knapps out hacking i just dont have control. I thought putting a flash on might help as she opens her mouth to evade the bit!

Now i have been advised not to put a flash on her as she may just find another way to avoid the bit, or to put and ordinary full cheek snaffle on her.

Any One got any ideas? I'm confused because she definatly opens har mouth to get away from the bit so i cant stop!!!!!

Bossanova

Visit site
Personally I'd use a single jointed happy mouth with cheeks with a drop noseband. worked very well for a similar pony we broke in recently

Ecila

www.freewebs.com
Never tought of a dropped noseband!

Just wanted to know if any oen else had been in this position, i was just going to put her in a flash but then i am new to young ponies as she is my first youngster!

allijudd

Visit site
ive just done that with mine....had partial brakes with snaffle thn swopped to a drop (after previously loanee took half of bridle..and the drop was all i had!)
and we had brakes...

tinatina

Visit site
well if i took it then you must of had it!!! but when i was there face to face you said you never had anything of mine??? and all i took was my reins and browband which i paid for