A customer service related wwyd

my bfg

Visit site
I'm very lucky that in my local area there are quite a few feed merchants. One is slightly cheaper but a bit of a trek so I normally go there when I need to stock up.

A week ago i bought, amongst other things, two packs of hay blocks in plastic packs, one pack was fine one full of mould.

Rang the shop who said they wouldn't exchange it without a receipt so found it and went there today. No concern was shown about the bad quality, lady behind me in the queue overheard and said that her last lot of a different feed was also mouldy, staff just looked at her but didn't say anything.

Went to the warehouse for a replacement and asked for the plastic pack to be opened before I left which they seemed to find annoying, first pack the blocks were wet second they were very mouldy, asked to see another and was told quite abruptly that they were all like that (so why were they still selling them??) A pallet full was reluctently brought out, outer layer was wet and covered in leaves and moss (obviously at some point stored outside) finally found a good pack from the centre and went on my way.

The owner of this merchants is quite well know locally a nice chap but has retired from the actual shop work. My question is although obviously I won't bother shopping there again would you contact the owner to let him know?

Large glass of Yorkshire Punch for all who got to this point :) x

Welly

Visit site
Yes I would contact the owner I would also contact the feed company which made the hay blocks and make them aware of the situation.

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
Yes, if I knew the guy well enough to care about the fact this his business may be going down the tubes, I would let him know.