A few random questions I need help with!

vivhewe

Visit site
I've probably asked them before and they've probably been asked a million times before but here goes!:

Tack and turnout classes

Should they be judged the same as showing classes or is it the overall presentation that is judged i.e. how clean and tidy everything is, the overall elegance of the picture, who the judge favours most (tell me which is which please!)

Are chaps allowed? I don't think they are.
Are gaiters allowed? I got judged down last time in turnout yet in classes at shows this year I've seen loads of people in gaiters!
confused.gif
- I'm classified as 'adult' so I don't have to wear jods and joddy clips, but I wondered where I stand.

Best tail - what do they look for? Biggest; Cleanest; Most even?

Equitation

Is sitting trot allowed (so I don't end up trotting on the wrong diagonal when nervous lol!)

Are martingales allowed in equitation?

What does the judge look for in equitation?

Sorry for the stupid questions lol!

viv x

jemstone

Visit site
Hey,

Are yu coming to our little show this Sunday then?! I am hoping to do it on Delyn although i feel a little old going into the Equitation for over 10yr olds!!
blush.gif
grin.gif

Should be fun!
grin.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Yep, bringing Dan up on Saturday night! LMAO at the over 10's - I haven't seen the classes but knowing my luck I will still have a load of kids kick my ass!

Equitation should be fine - it's the fancy dress I'm worried about
grin.gif
lol!

If I don't see you before I will see ya Sunday!

viv x

scrat

Visit site
Tack and turnout classes are very hard work but quite rewarding if you win! Your turnout should be correct for the type of horse you are showing. Make sure your horse, tack and you are spotless. Small things like making sure all the bridle parts are in he keepers. The bottom of your boots should be wiped after you mount so they are clean. We show a traditional cob and he was awarded best mane and tail so make sure it is clean, conditioned and brushed through before you enter the ring ( a human hairbrush is fab for this). Make sure that under the saddle flap is spotless as they ususally check there. If you use chalk make sure the excess is brushed out as there nothing woorse than a judge running her hand over and ending up covered!! Get a friend to go to the collecting ring with baby wipes and the hair brush and you should be able to do last minute touch ups. I don't think leather gaiters should be a problem if they match your boots. I can't think of anything else but I do know you learn every time and the judges generally let you know how you could improve. Good luck and enjoy (remember to smile)