A flea question......

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Well I think I saw one on St Sweeps head tonight - there was an injured hedgehog in the yard at the weekend and I took it to the hedgehog hospital but sadly it had to be PTS:( - and I suspect that the hooligans probably had a close encounter with it:rolleyes:

Anyway working on the basis of where there is one there is bound to be more I have Frontlined both of the beasties tonight:rolleyes:

But it got me wondering I have always just used Frontline and wondered if there was anything newer/better around:)

Thankies - and nice M&S cookies all round as the minging flea ridden beasties aren't talking too me!:D:D:D

lula

Visit site
i had a thread similar to this about a month back moaning about the cost of frontline. there were some great suggestions for alternatives people posted. i dont know whether you could find that thread in the forum database of though a search of threads in my name?

sorry about hedgehog. id never seen a live one myself until the other week.!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I use Prac-tic on my dogs seems fairly new, does a good job but not cheap, dont think you can buy on line. I seem to remember last time this was discussed here a lot of people said Frontline wasnt working but the spray still was and someone else (East Kent I think) said the Frontline Combo was still good.

Poor little Hedgehog, we used to have a horse that used to kill them, kept finding them dead in gateways and actually saw him kicking with his front leg a dead one around.:eek:

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I should say the hedgehog had at least one broken leg - not done but the dogs but they 'found; him in the yard and kept sticking their noses in:rolleyes: I took him to hedgehog hospital to see if they could do anything as there are to many dogs running around the yard and I didn't want him to meet a grisly end courtesy of a mutt:eek: I also thought we might have got away with the flea problem.........*sigh*

Mr Hedgehog has fly strike so was being eaten by maggots so PTS was the kindest option:eek: sad as he was a cute little thing:(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Sadly Mrs Tiggywiggles is in decline now not only killed by cars but badgers are a huge predator of these little creatures.

You did the right thing taking him to the vet, he would have had a horrible death with fly strike.