A good end to a bad start

sallyellis

Visit site
I decided to take my 2 year old arab to his first proper show today, albeit a local fun show they had an arab class so it was decided. Problems started when he didnt want to be caught, it took me ages, then he decided to have a head fit about going through the yard gate as somebody passed him in a 4x4 ended up throwing himself on the floor...
shocked.gif
anyway tied him up gave him a quick brush as by now we were running mega late, now the tricky bit getting him to load, but he went in after about 5 minutes and travelled really well by now it was 13.52 and the afternoon classes were supposed to start at 2 so we travelled there anyway as he could have gone in the youngstock class if we missed the arab class luckily they were running late giving me enough time to flick him over again with a brush and walk round the show some hairy moments again with an umbrella he hasnt seen one before LOL anyway went in the class and thought I didnt stand a chance but to my surprise we won!!! It was so hot we decided to call it a day and not stay for the championship as he had been so good. bless him his first red rosette at his first proper show.

sallyellis

Visit site
Thank you well yes he is slowly getting used to things so we think once he has gotten used to all the things you see at shows he might be good at loading and things should be much more fun. I am just pleased he behaved himself wasnt really out for the ribbons but am very proud of him.

sallyellis

Visit site
Mrs M OH forgot camera he is in the doghouse, waiting for the show photographer to put pics online but he only took one as he was late getting to the ring
frown.gif