A good lesson.. feeling happy

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I haven't posted about my own riding before but today has been a bit different so here goes.

After a winter of coughs, colds and chest infections I have begun to ride again. C enjoyed her long holiday but she has lost some muscle also I still get breathless easily so we have taken things slowly for a while.
I am usually quite pessimistic about my lessons but today's was great. We practised sitting more upright and keeping straight after a jump to prevent collapsing on landing and loosing control and line.
I am so chuffed with my horse and pleased with myself that our fitness is increasing. We don't jump any great height the biggest today was a filler with a rail on top and a rail behind but we finished with a course of 8 jumps.
With a couple of like minded riders in the lesson who all were pleased too what more could you ask? ( and the sun shone too)

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Well done you!! Sounds fab. I'm hoping to get back into some lessons again soon...I enjoy hacking out but it's a bit boring doung the same thing alllll the time x

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Thank you. If you don't hack out you soon miss it but if you don't do other things regularly it becomes difficult to change. I took some rather deep breaths this morning but it was worth it.
I hope you can soon have lessons and they go as well as mine did today.