A good way to bombproof your horse

Blizzard

Visit site
is to let my OH near them! His latest creation, the worlds biggest, and sleepiest, pit ponies:

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

People often comment on how nothing fazes the boys,probably because anything they see out in the big wide world isnt nearly as bad as the way OH uses them for his amusement lol.
smirk.gif

They do seem to like it though, Beau wanted his back
grin.gif

DSC02793.jpg

Alibear

Visit site
Oh bless, now was this just for fun or was them some reason behind it?

You know with those you could be the new undesputed queen of horsey visability on here don't you?
wink.gif

Fab photo's OH's not bad either
grin.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
ahhhh see pickle would freak out at that he is a complete wimp!!! on sunday he was particulary shown up, tied up next to a shetland a small sandwich bag blew across the yard, pickle freaked out big time shetland tried to eat it! that showed him up big time!

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh bless, now was this just for fun or was them some reason behind it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason was that my OH decided it would be funny lol!
wink.gif

NeilM

Visit site
What a great idea!

Oh! hold on....how to the horses turn the lights off when they finish eating / reading / knitting etc and are ready to go to sleep?

NeilM

Visit site
Yes, that would work.

Might be a bit annoying if they hadn't quite finished their mug of cocoa when the light went off, but the idea certainly has merit
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Bless them. Makes me feel better that I am not the only one to do odd things to their horses.

I used to ride my TB out with a friend after dark - she had lights on her tail, flashing lights down the side of her exercise sheet, a flashing light on her martingale and I rode with a headlamp and more lights than a Christmas tree. My friend had a camping strip neon light attached to his back back.

Needless to say - there was a glow through Epping forest that could been seen from afar.

I have done a lot of bomb proofing with Chancer - think I'll have to try the head lamp - would be useful if he could carry his own light for me when I am trying to hold him, a torch and do up the gate.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I have done a lot of bomb proofing with Chancer - think I'll have to try the head lamp - would be useful if he could carry his own light for me when I am trying to hold him, a torch and do up the gate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another great idea!
smile.gif

I am seriously thinking of trying one out when its next foggy or very dull, anything that helps you to be seen has to be a good thing.
smile.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hehe - how funny! Id like to see you put that over Beaus ears
tongue.gif
Wonder what its like for your OH and Beau in their GIANT world
wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I dont know...I cant see up there!
grin.gif