A horses/baby/winter moan - it will get easier soon, right?

horsemad32

Visit site
So - back at work part time, with young baby, several horses to look after plus a house to keep tidy. Not finding this easy at all!
- sharers turn up when they feel like it
- OH seems to feel he shouldn't have to do his horse at all (or any housework/washing/anything!)
- baby needs me (unsurprisingly lol) and can't be left as I don't have close family to leave him with, and feel guilty leaving him with friends as I've already left him for half the day to work
- I can never ride as can't leave baby

So I'm flying past the yard twice a day to feed/haylage/check, and not managing to ride at all! I seem to do all the chores, and everyone else gets to ride. Not enjoying this at all :(.

So - we have three between us. Very attached to two, have one we could sell but the market is rubbish.

I would love a yard with a creche lol. Life would be SO much easier - niche in the market for someone perhaps??!!!

mandwhy

Visit site
Creche is a great idea!

It will get better, but in the meantime tell your OH to pull his finger out and if your sharers are rubbish, can you get new ones?!

nosenseofdirection

Visit site
What you need is a sharer who has children. Then you can take it in turns to ride/babysit. And if your OH feels he shouldn't have to do his horse or housework then he should employ a groom or cleaner.

Abacus

Visit site
Can you find a local nursery to give you a few hours off, a few times a week? I work part-time too (4 days/week so not far off full-time) and I put my children in nursery a bit on my time off to get to the yard. I was lucky to find a nursery that charge by the hour rather than morning/afternoon sessions so I can do a couple of hours - just enough time for a ride.

Otherwise do you know any other mums you could swap babysitting duties with?

It will get easier when the evenings are lighter, promise! And if you can have the horses out 24/7 in summer it's so much easier - fewer chores, more riding.

How old is your baby? When mine was very little I could ride while he slept - not much use now with a huge bored 10 month old though...

Where in the country are you?

cob&onion

Visit site
I am in a similar position with the baby! my baby is only 6 weeks old though so too young to go to nursery etc....i also have a bit of SPD which is lingering about but getting better, but not planning on riding till lighter nights anyway- hopefully SPD should be better then, the plan is when OH finishes work he can have the baby and it will be light enough for me to ride of an evening :)

Can you do similar OP?

putasocinit

Visit site
Roam wasnt built in a day, nothing has an expiry date on it, so relax, as long as the essential needs of each and all is met, relax, turn horses out and leave out, dont ride so what they are not going anywhere, carpet not hoovered but bed is mad, good, if OH dont like it tell him to lump it, put baby in buggy or car seat, turn on radio and park car by horses and relax, do your horses and relax, baby isnt going anywhere, relax and enjoy. If you relax everything else will relax around you, summers coming so things will look up.