A how much question

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
based on tomorrows new addition, we have made the decsion to sell sally, as she isn't comfy jumping over 1.05 and i have Ian (& now the new one) to aim at eventing) at 16.3 she is now too small for my stupidly tall (6'4 and still growing) brother so.... what would you pay for a 15 yo 16.3 TB mare, has raced (back in light work now, had 12 months off for a foal... which we lost) produces a good dressage test at prelim/novice & comfy at intro height fences, strong, but in the right brakes is fine for most people, this is her last year/year before

this was May 2005,
Sally%20dressage%207th%20may%202005%204.jpg

this was some time in 2004, but it was her first ODE since finishing racing

Sally%20XC%20Cresswellshawe%20ODE%202004.jpg

any suggestions as to what you would advertise her for, a home where is isn't goign to be asked to do much more than intro type stuff is what i'm looking for, she's pretty easy to do, but can be a little bargy if she thinks she can get away with it, so needs a firm hand

suggestions very gratefully received

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Agree with Rambo - I would be very happy to pay around the £1500 - £2000 mark for something like her. Much more if she had been five years younger.

But she sounds like a lovely girl who will give someone a fab time having some fun.

You could also consider putting her out on long term loan perhaps???

Weezy

Visit site
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Sally - got to love her - I reckon about the 1500 mark would be a good starting place - oh and tell H that WFP is his height and can fit on Tamarillo so he really should stop complaining LOL!!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
not sure what the market for loaning is like atm

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that there are always people looking for good horses - but maybe not neccesarily in the market to buy perhaps. This could be for a number of reasons.

I have a horse on loan, because mine is in foal. This will finish around Feb/March when said horse goes eventing - and I'll definatly be in the market for another loan if poss then.

So you never know - maybe a keen teenager looking for some fun and a confidence giver???

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
LOL! i think its more that he knows sally isn't going to win badminton, and strangley, that is his current plan... so he 'needs' a new horse.... more amusingly he has decided the new one (16.1 and short coupled) is HIS.... where is the sense...men! (i feel a fight coming on... thankfully he has buggered of to harper (for this week at least!!)