A little hampshire warmblood update!

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Not sure if anyone is actually interested but hey :p Its my day off and im bored :D

At start at 2013 me and jcberry (she doesnt come on hho anymore, but she still has pepsi if anyone remembers her!) hired the indoor arena at sol to do some jumping. I absolutely hate jumping and horse has a bit of an iffy left hock so only do it very very rarely if not at all. He was brilliant as always and hadnt jumped since aug/sep so really enjoyed it :)
Im obviously way out of practise with the whole jumping position :p
Image1-8.jpg

Image2-3.jpg

We then both again went to a paul friday clinic at moreton morrell. Neither of us had been before but it was something to do and we both really enjoyed it. Mostly worked on straightness, travers (sp?), and leg yield in and out of circle, absolutely dead by the end, havent worked that hard in a while!
537459_10151274108638702_1238682273_n.jpg

Trying to create a bigger movement and stretching over back
307578_10151274108643702_1794892173_n.jpg

Just have to post this pic as he looks so sexy
3857_10151274108268702_455212676_n.jpg

He has never ever looked so well in the nearly 5 years i've had him. This time last year he went awfully lame behind and didnt think id ever be able to ride him again. Vets actually put it down to saddle in the end as could not find anything else wrong with him, so had a beautiful new one fitted by the best saddle fitter ever and a few sessions of physio by the best physio ever and he now looks amazing :D (obviously a very slow process, didnt just throw saddle on a ride again!)
But this is what he looked like in march/april time last year, dont even want to show anyone he looked that awful :(
385316_10152419603625123_1021408431_n.jpg

Thats all in the past now anyway :D

Last week he took the little kiddy that rides him to a sj rally at moreton again. Because the saddle is made for me her little legs only just come past the flap so he enjoys choosing too ignore her :rolleyes: he just took the pi$$ the whole time and flirting with all the other horses. No pics of this one, busy eating sausage baguette :D

Had another physio session and she said he is much much improved and should be proud of ourselves :D He is coming on leaps and bounds at the moment and is such a pleasure to ride. Just did a little bit of tweaking with his left side of pelvis and right shoulder but other than that he was all good :D Unfortunately havent ridden since then because of the snow etc but took a few pics of him today messing about
DSCF4830.jpg

DSCF4811.jpg

Please excuse vet wrap on feet, keeps snow from balling up ;) Hopefully it'll go asap as have my first area 5 comp on 3rd feb and need to practise and not get bronked off!

He is such a fantastic little warmblood ( :p )

Hope you didnt get too bored! and hope you all notice how much different he looks now, if not I may cry :p

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Thankyou both :) His top line is much improved and holds himself lovely when ridden, certainly doesnt feel like youre sat on a 14hh pony! Lets hope things move onwards and upwards, I want a gp pony :p :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've been meaning to say to you recently where has his belly gone :eek: ;) I might send Frank your way (ps I have pics of Frank from march/april last year which I don't plan on showing anyone as he was lame.. and much much rounder than I would have liked).

Lovely to see pepsi again too :)

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I've been meaning to say to you recently where has his belly gone :eek: ;) I might send Frank your way (ps I have pics of Frank from march/april last year which I don't plan on showing anyone as he was lame.. and much much rounder than I would have liked).

Lovely to see pepsi again too :)

Hahaa its so funny because since increasing hay/food (currently on 3 scoops alfa a molasses free, 2 mugs baileys lo-cal and 3 mugs of topspec cool condition) he seems to of lost his tum and built upwards. He is in quite hard work so could be a factor :p

Firewell

Visit site
Aww I love him :). He does look amazingly well. Wrapping his feet up is a good idea, I cannot believe I have not thought of doing that.

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Aww I love him :). He does look amazingly well. Wrapping his feet up is a good idea, I cannot believe I have not thought of doing that.

hehe thanks :) he is such a good boy. haha I was lying in bed last night thinking of all the ideas I could do and this popped into my head so thought I should try it today and it worked amazingly :D Put a hoof size fibergee pad in hoof and wrapped vetwrap all round and up the leg a little and then bandaged over top of vet wrap on leg, ta dahh :D I can now ride my pony!

shellonabeach

Visit site
As a long time lurker I would like to say I think he looks fantastic!

I remember years ago you posting pics of him. You should do a comparison of then and now, that really would be a before and after to be proud of :)

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Yes lol :) pack inside of hoof with fibergee and then vet wrap round and up leg a bit and then put bandage on as normal. I take all glory in inventing this :D :D have to use a tube of vet wrap on each foot so may work out quite expensive if used everyday :p bur for the few days we have it works :)

scots

Visit site
Yes lol :) pack inside of hoof with fibergee and then vet wrap round and up leg a bit and then put bandage on as normal. I take all glory in inventing this :D :D have to use a tube of vet wrap on each foot so may work out quite expensive if used everyday :p bur for the few days we have it works :)
I shall be trying this tomorrow as my girl been stuck in as tried everything in her feet - but she has straight bars on and It just gets stuck