A little update

4faults

Visit site
Well its been an eventful few months, Darcy has been out of work for one reason or another, one of those being this
33b95eb8.jpg

A word of warning make sure your stable hinges dont have big bolts through them. The hole went straight through from the side to underneath resulting in 8 stitches. Luckily he missed any bone, nerves or vessels so it healed up well. Hes been back in work a couple of weeks
3fea3c84.jpg

8245a011.jpg

OH has started jumping him again whch he loves, perhaps a bit too much
9d7614e4.jpg

4ade6664.jpg

Kaye and I have been improving and we could probably go out and manage a respectable prelim now but the canter can still be very exciting resulting in some uncomfortable bunny hops or full on rearing if I try and push her forward. We have been working on being able to get my leg on more with lots of lateral work and transitions within the pace. She is steadily getting better so we have worked on bringing her into a higher outline occasionally to build the muscle, although she does tends to slip BTV so we go between lower and higher outlines to keep her supple. I do have to work her LDR sometimes as she is still sharp as glass and apparently our arenas are surrounded by demons :rolleyes:
5a1d101a.jpg

28f417f2.jpg

7ebc4a25.jpg

360386ab.jpg

One of said demons :rolleyes:
83b9af99.jpg

03a721fd.jpg

7921b928.jpg

c7aad2b3.jpg

64aa809e.jpg

We are a work on progress but I feel were trusting each other more and becoming a partnership which is feeling amazing. I really love this mare :)

Some of you may know Im considering moving them to a field to live out 24/7 which could add a whole other dimension to our training as it will free up funds and im looking forward to it(also it might take the edge off madam ;))
Wow that became epic, sorry everyone :eek::D

Lolo

Visit site
Your horses are enormous and very nice to look at! Love the photo of the slightly special front legs... Is he part horse, part spider?

Cupcakes and Horses

Visit site
Lovely pictures...apart from the first one obviously :D....I'm always tempted when I see lovely pictures to print them out and show them to my boy to show him where his head should be!
Interesting jumping style :)

4faults

Visit site
Haha thank you everyone. Yes he is a bit 'special' lol. He loves his jumping just need him to calm down again.
Lolo- they are big, K is 17.3 and D is 17.1.
CandH- thank you :) I am tempted to show my two pics of other people's lovely horses on bad days lol
AN- thanks :)