A little video for Noffy fans - Aldon CCI*

TableDancer

Visit site
A friend of miniTD's has just done a great job of getting this onto YouTube and editing it a bit. This is them in the CCI* at Aldon last October - they finished 2 seconds over the time which was amazing given that for various reasons he was only half fit... Unfortunately they paid for it the next day, but there we are :rolleyes:

Anyway, thought his legion of fans might like to see it - for anyone who doesn't know him he is a 14.2 Irish boy who thinks he is 17 hands. The CCI* track only had 4 fences different from the Intermediate track...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cnjnxWzdTI

We are in the process of dong the same thing for Jack in the CIC* if anyone would like to see that one?

jules89

Visit site
he's amazing :) what an awesome round. Would love to see Jack's too :)

Can't believe fences such as the brush corner and trekhener etc were in the PN3d a few years back..! madness!

blue2262

Visit site

Can't believe fences such as the brush corner and trekhener etc were in the PN3d a few years back..! madness!

I think they have smaller versions for the 100 and novice. These are more like Int fences!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
just as good as in the flesh :D He really is one of the most awesome ponies there is :D

and because he is so awesome the double at the end where they literally were the best through it all day :D :D

tillymerge1smaller_zps3385dd68.jpg

(bigger version: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/austens_minime/tillymerge1_zps73d39a1c.jpg )

and Jules the brush corner on the other side to the one Noffy jumped was in the PN3DE this year ;)

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
the intermediate/1* one and the PN3DE an Novice one were the same size but the 1* one was off a tight turn whereas novice had a wider turn and PN3DE no turn at all. They were pretty much full up 1m20 but the brush aspect allowed them to be in the PN3DE

edit to add link to PN3DE brush now imagine that off sharp turn on a 14h2 and yes that is how awesome Noffy is :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/austens_minime/ALI_3976_zps49f670be.jpg

Last edited:

dafthoss

Visit site
I want him!! He is a super star, he just looks so much fun :D.

Going to put that video on replay in YP's stable all night so he learns to be like noffy.

Lolo

Visit site
Wow, he is literally on springs! Will they try to go Int.?

Is he much bigger than Jack (who looks like a mini-Bee... Will tell her she needs to buck her ideas up!) because miniTD looks smaller on him than he does on Jack?

oldvic

Visit site
oldvic def same size due to brush allowances ;)

brush_zpsdc4f225c.jpg

you can just see 1* on on left and fact that the wooden top is the same height as the one on the right ;)

The 100 jump it on the right and for the 1* will measure bigger as it is uphill on the left. Also the question is different. The height of the wood is not relevant, it is the brush that is measured.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Oh I don't deny the questions were very different which i did mention above but the brushes did measure the same from groundline to top of brush if they didn't it was by a fraction as there was no notable height difference when ground slant taken out. ;) the right one was shared with the pn3de (which shared a lot of the novice) novice and CIC* but the latter two came up a step first. The other was for the intermediate and CCI* after a much tighter turn after a step.

Moving away from the original thread (sorry TD!) but someone asked about the dimensions and the two corners were the same. Both were jumped uphill so no difference there but yes more uphill for those that had turned from steps to either!

Anyway Noffy is still awesome ;) :D

lex2501

Visit site
Absolutely cracking! Noffy is awesome but wanted to also say how brilliantly MiniTD rides, what a fantastically talented pair, you must be such a proud mummy!

TableDancer

Visit site

Thanks Jules, it was, wasn't it? One of those rounds where everything goes to plan :) The trakehner wasn't in the PN3DE, it was that skinny brush ditch thing, bit like the Badminton "hexagon hedge", remember? That trakehner is actually pretty huge, the ditch, not the rail, miniTD was, to quote Jonquil, "kacking herself" hence the couple of reminders on the turn towards it! He isn't ditchy but can pretend to be sometimes if he thinks you are asleep :D

What a cracking pony! Would love to see the other video as well, please.:)

Gorgeous, isn't he? Wish they made them like that in 16 hands!

Awesome pony, makes it look so easy:) would love to see the other video as well please

He does, doesn't he? They didn't all, especially at that skinny after the dip ;)

He's just so awesome. Love his happy little face and pricked ears :)

I totally agree, that's what I love best about him too. He has an incredibly expressive face, you always know exactly what he is thinking!

TableDancer

Visit site
just as good as in the flesh :D He really is one of the most awesome ponies there is :D

and because he is so awesome the double at the end where they literally were the best through it all day :D :D

tillymerge1smaller_zps3385dd68.jpg

(bigger version: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/austens_minime/tillymerge1_zps73d39a1c.jpg )

and Jules the brush corner on the other side to the one Noffy jumped was in the PN3DE this year ;)

Than you S_C, I think you have excellent taste, as well as being an excellent photographer (and igloo builder :D)

What a super star he is. I only wish I was looking for a 14.2 event pony. He will be a hard act indeed to follow on horses.

I wish SOMEONE sensible was looking for a 14.2 event pony (or two!), believe you me!

I want him!! He is a super star, he just looks so much fun :D.

Going to put that video on replay in YP's stable all night so he learns to be like noffy.

He really is just so much fun, I ge to ride him a lot, and even jump him a bit these days and he is just as fun as he looks :) Just send YP here for a chat with Noffy ;)

Amazing boys!!!!! They are springs!

They are indeed, very springy pingy ponies :)

Wow wow wow! Super pony and rider combination!

Thanks sp, they are a great partnership, completely in tune. So sad we have to move on :(

TableDancer

Visit site
Love him! Congratulations :)

Thank you :)

Wow, he is literally on springs! Will they try to go Int.?

Is he much bigger than Jack (who looks like a mini-Bee... Will tell her she needs to buck her ideas up!) because miniTD looks smaller on him than he does on Jack?

He certainly pings! We have talked a lot about doing an Intermediate but on balance I don't think we will. He has such a sensational record it would be a shame to pull it down at all; he would undoubtedly go clear XC but wouldn't get anywhere near the time as Novice time is flat out for him, and the show-jumping at 1.25m on horse distances wouldn't really be a fair question. I think it comes back to the pont oldvic made on a different thread about not abusing their generosity - just because you can, doesn't make it the right thing to do. He needs to go to another child now for more Pony Trial fun as that is what he excels at, and he loves it so much :)

Absolutely cracking! Noffy is awesome but wanted to also say how brilliantly MiniTD rides, what a fantastically talented pair, you must be such a proud mummy!

Thanks Lex that is a really kind thing to say :) I must admit, when I sat down and watched the videos, I thought "goodness, she actually looks quite tidy!" :D I think she has come on so much the last year or so and she is a good, brave, fast-reacting XC jockey now - there, I've said something nice about her, she will be gob-smacked :D

mil1212

Visit site
He (they) made that look so easy, and fun! A little like watching Andrew Nicholson trailblaze round Badminton then no one else makes it look so easy I would imagine :)
Oh to be a foot shorter, would much rather him that a hummungahorse!

Optimist

Visit site
That was simply gorgeous.

I wish SOMEONE sensible was looking for a 14.2 event pony (or two!), believe you me!
:(

And I feel your pain - am in exactly the same position.... Roll on the spring, after the first couple of pony trials, I bet (hope!) they will be biting your arm off.