A Little Worried

Deefa

Visit site
Well, the vet may be coming out at the weekend unless anyone can help me out
frown.gif

Harry has started to malt ALOT! but for some reason he seems to have loads of scabby stuff/dandruff coming out all over him, esp on his neck, sheath and under his tail - bum cheek area. He has also started to go bald under his tail on his bum and between his back legs on his sheath.

I have bought an anti paracite and anti fungal shampoo thing for him but i would feel cruel to wash him while its so cold!

Anyone have any ideas, he isn't scratching or anything and seems fine in himself

Irishcobs

Visit site
Could he be too hot and its sweat related? My boy will moult in scabby patches if he sweats and its not washed off. That could explain the areas he is moulting in.

Deefa

Visit site
Its more like dandruff, its very soft, not hard or anything

It may be the heat, so will put a slightly lighter rug on tomorrow and keep an eye on him.
If its still like it on saturday, will get a photo for you, i wont be down there in the light untill then as i at work

Klaudette

Visit site
Get your vet out.
If your hair was falling out would you be posting on here? Suspect not...you'd be on the phone wanting to speak to your GP asking for a referral to a trichologist.
Good luck.

WallisM

Visit site
Hey,
Is there much hair falling out ? My old pony has small scabs under his coat, on his face and neck, These went baldy and weepey. I put it down to rainscald on his face and neck and he was too hot under his rug, So he just has one on now.

They are alot better and hair is growing back.

Is your horse healthy other ways still eating etc ?

I wouldn't worry too much.
wink.gif

beh

Visit site
A similar case but a horse up my yard (around 19yrs old) when malting started giving out the same like build up of something which leaves a very short terribly greasy looking coat, it was really nasty coming out in large lumps about the size of my hand
shocked.gif
when the hair started growing back it looked darker, the horse was itchy and loved having it pulled out though.