A LOTR Horsey how much....

Niamhy

photobucket.com
So me and the OH were watching the special features on the LOTR The Return of the King, and on the 3rd disc (Disc 5 I think its called) there is a feature on the Horses, Called Home of the Horse Lords.

Anywho in it Jane Abbot, who is a stunt rider, and doubled for Liv Tyler on a horse called Florian

asfaloth42_jpg.jpg

Anywho, Viggo Mortensen bought Florian for Jane, as Jane couldnt afford him.

So the point is... OH asked me how much would these horses be worth? Seeing as Jane couldnt afford him? (Also a how much do stunt riders get paid, if she couldnt afford the horse!)

GinaB

Visit site
Viggo Mortensen also bought some of the horses from himself. He got it written into the script to allow him to be on horseback more as he enjoys riding so much.

Johnny Depp also bought Gunpowder, the audulsian (sp) that he had in Sleepy Hollow as he heard it was to be slaughtered afterwards.

Haven't a clue about prices though. The Devils's Horseman stunt team own the black horse (can't remember the name) of the horse used in the Llyods TSB banka ds.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I spotted that on the latest Lloyds adverts too! My OH also commented that their "new" horse looked awfully computer generated.

Poor old cancara
frown.gif
I remember the pony magazines always had posters of him in them when i was growing up.

Foxford

Visit site
I watched the 1st film last weekend and was wondering if anyone knew the breed of horse they used for the nazgul? Couldn't get a good look under all those hoods and cloaks!!

ecrozier

Visit site
lloyds website says they use 2 horses now, dante and imperator? cancarra was a trakhener i think, not sre what new ones are tho.

GinaB

Visit site
I think the Devil's Horsemen must own either both or one of those ones, as it was at the Belfast Horse Show a few weeks ago. Well that's what the announcer said anyway!!

Foxford

Visit site
Thanks Niamhy! I thought they would be a heavier type -surprised at them being TBs etc! Must have been the big cloaks again...

dieseldog

Visit site
Gunpowder the horse from sleepy hollow that Johnny Depp bought was the Blue Roan Cob that he rode in it.

My friend owns the Black Stallion from Braveheart, he bought it after they had finished using him for filming as he is a Black Andalusian. He's now 27 and had 10 foals this summer.

Niamhy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
My friend owns the Black Stallion from Braveheart, he bought it after they had finished using him for filming as he is a Black Andalusian. He's now 27 and had 10 foals this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is some horse to own. He is stunning!!