A "matchy matchy" dilemma (Showing)

CastleMouse

Visit site
I'm finally going to get use out of the 'flashy' browband I bought a couple of months ago, but after digging it out and finding a green tie I intended to wear with it, I've got a bit of a dilemma :p The tie and browband are vastly different shades of green.

tie.jpg

Would I get away with it? (I'm sure once I get plenty of horse slobber on my tie the mis-match won't be quite as obvious :p) Or should I get a mustard/gold tie which would pick up the gold in the browband? My only other tie is red, so that's definitely ruled out.

I'll be wearing the brown tweed jacket pictured below, and I also need to get a new shirt - about time, as I've been showing with a white shirt for years! Would yellow be better?
tie2.jpg

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
IMO that looks fine, alltho I'm no show expert! And with that combo def a yellow shirt, wouldn't really know which colour shirt if you wore a gold tie, as would normally think that blue would be best, but blue wouldn't go with the rest of the outfit?

cob&onion

Visit site
I'd say it looks fine too :D
However if your looking for additional velvet blingy browbands then feel free to PM me, i custom make them :)

MissSBird

Visit site
I would go for a pale yellow shirt with that colour combination :)

For now use the green tie and don't worry too much. My tie never perfectly matched my browband ribbons and it was never commented on. Just keep an eye out for one that matches better and pick it up when you see it.

I would look for a tie that is a base green with a white or pale gold pattern. Don't look for one in horse shops - they generally lack variety in pattern, colour and are overpriced. Just pop to the guys section in primark etc. when you get a chance.