A "ME" update! Several reports in one with pics

ajf

Visit site
Hello everyone!

Well I've not been on for quite a while for many reasons (end of uni, forthcoming wedding (not mine
tongue.gif
), celebrating end of uni
wink.gif
grin.gif
etc), but shall go look at some posts after writing this but may give up after page 10 or so
wink.gif
so if there is anything I really should read let me know!!!

Ok so lets start with Longleat: Flynn (black beast) went for CIC**. Well dressage rubbish as spooking at arena
smirk.gif
but lovely pic by Dad (who was groom for day and hasn't been to a comp for bout 5 years so was quite impressed I think)
S7005382.jpg

Then onto SJ, where quite frankly I was rubbish but he jumped lovely (sevaral faults
smirk.gif
)
S7005390.jpg

Then xc: Shall we say the course for Int cause many probs and then a few alterations for **. The croc in the water was removed, so of I went, warming up with far too many pros (including Mark Todd
crazy.gif
). And FAB PONY
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Flew round clear and 3.2 time (shock as wasn't goin for time!)
S7005397.jpg

Pesky 1st corner which was catching many out.

Then Winkleigh was next I think. I only helped but nice to see Peaches and Cream and HenryHorn. I saw CCJ SJ Jaques, and lets say he didn't give her an easy time but looks fab!

Then Shipton Moyne 5YO with the pony Woody
wink.gif

So we trundle up, run round the xc (saw Chatter1 jump round and copied her route at first water!) and attempt dressage. This resulted in him being incredibly lazy and me working very hard. So a 36 which was good score for the section (all highly marked). Then to the SJ, and I was knackered after dressage
blush.gif
Pony proceeded to warm up and then started bucking and galloping round warm-up
shocked.gif
I was happier as less kicking required, until I realised after 5th practice fence I still had no steering or much brakes and still bucking. So in we go and he pops a lovley clear
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Doing his first triple bar in the process (oops on my account). Then quick change to xc where I felt he went very quick for a clear, but got 7 time pens.
S7005446.jpg

So no place but absolutley thrilled
grin.gif
On way home we counted up and realised that this was only his 10th ever ODE (and thus 12th ever xc round!)

So then party weekend after job interview. Find out uni results where I got a 2:1 (YAY) and then find out they have offered me the job too! (double YAY
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
)

Back for Stockland Lovell. Friday was um wet
smirk.gif
Flynn was doing Int and hadn't done much work since Longleat due to cutting his head.
Arrived, walked xc and brought bigger studs.
Dressage was bad but he actually did some walk
shocked.gif

SJ was rain, so 2 down then fab xc in HORRENDOUS weather and very suprised to be in the time
shocked.gif
grin.gif
especially as I thought I'd get loads as was horrid (obviously closing eyes for rain makes you go faster
tongue.gif
)
http://images.jamespyne.co.uk/?Action=_VC&id=34162450&ppwd=pc1746mb
Pics show horrid weather for xc (wind!) and yes we were quite far off step in water

Back on sunday for Woody in BE100
Dressage was better as we were more balanced on turns but he really did lack spark (again I was knackered
blush.gif
)
SJ was quite big and we provided "entertainment". Jumped first and buck, jump 2 and buck go sideways nearly miss 3, which is jumped with more bucking and trying to canter in opposite direction I ask (can here much laughing by everyone watching
blush.gif
) then thankfully less bucking and going where I ask. Just had one down, baby mictake into double. As leaving commentator asks if I would like a bigger arena next time
shocked.gif
which I replied "yes please!"
tongue.gif
grin.gif
I thought we jumped big round the tracks and the pics prove it
shocked.gif

Then xc, was very tough IMO, biggest questions he's ever been asked. We did a long route and a circle but finished clear with time pens (which don't care about). Again pics are fab. Um the corner he somewhat took off with me down the hill and I thought if he ain't coming back he getting a shock but he happily jumped it
mad.gif

http://images.jamespyne.co.uk/?pstart=2555879450&ppwd=pc1746mb&Action=_VC&id=34314250
Also please ignore my position as it goes to pot sometimes and I promise I'm not actually a midget he's just too big!
grin.gif

And it goes without saying ignore my facial expressions (damn face
mad.gif
) though I am smiling through water with Woods as so happy he did it
grin.gif

Ok I think thats everything and I've tried to keep as brief as possible so afternoon tea and fairy cakes (which I made and am eating fast
blush.gif
) for everyone

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
lovely pics, am sure that log wasn't that close to the water when I was last at SL the weekend before the BE, think the pond had grown with the rain!

wizoz

Visit site
Well I was only wondering today where you had got to!? Now I know
wink.gif

My mum spoke to yours at Winkleigh and said that one of you was there competing and the other was working, on our way out we passed your dad and sister coming in, so knew it was you who was working!
tongue.gif
(Zeb had a dismal day, he wouldn't move in the dressage and I had to retire at fence 2 in the SJ, turns out he had a virus
frown.gif
why couldn't he have told me before then???) Am off to Nutwell on Sunday.
smile.gif

Anyway, back to your boys, they are both looking smashing and i'm not surprised that you are pleased with Woody, his jumping looks awesome, he's obviously very happy to be out too
smirk.gif

Flyn is also an amazing beastie, you looked very smart in your topper and tails in front of Longleat house
smile.gif

Nice to have you back
cool.gif

ajf

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lovely pics, am sure that log wasn't that close to the water when I was last at SL the weekend before the BE, think the pond had grown with the rain!

[/ QUOTE ]

HeHe yes both waters seemed "larger" than normal!

ajf

Visit site
Ah thanks.
Yeah I spoke to your mum at Winkleigh and said you had to work hard in the dressage. Not good that he had a virus though
frown.gif

Good luck at Nutwell, we can't go as its the hen-do this weekend! Look out Bournemouth
grin.gif

Thank-you, I'm very pleased with both of them at the moment, though Woody still needs to loose some weight, but he's going showing soon!