A Moon update

Bossanova

Visit site
Well she has been with us prob for around 3 months now, she's still not mine (waiting for some inheritance money to come through) but she might as well be!!
She really has the most strong character- just what I look for in a horse! I measured her the other day and she's dead on 157cm so yes, teeny tiny basically but dont tell her that
smirk.gif

Anyway, she's coming on really well, her flatwork has improved sooo much, she works in a consistant and nice outline in walk and trot with the canter becoming more balanced every time. We now get right canter after a couple of wrong leads (big improvement!!) the jumping just amazes me everytime- a lot of her family jump flat but she really uses herself which was a nice suprise! She now just about maintains canter and can jump a course- she's exceptionally bold and clever, her first ever outing was to a gridwork clinic and she kept up with the PN eventers!!

I took her xc schooling for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It took her a little while to understand these weird things are designed to be jumped over but once she got it wow was she ace! Just got on with it and jumped everything. Water took a little while but again, once she worked it out she didnt question dropping down into it etc.

She has another Pat Burgess gridwork thing tomorrow and then we're off somewhere different xc schooling friday. I will then make a decision on which events to do at the end of the year- it's looking like 2 intros then one or two PNs.

Sorry, had to post, what with Boss not being on form I was feeling a bit down about my eventing future but I think Moon could be a smart little prospect, she's certainly doing all the right things now
grin.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Hopefully get her established at PN next season and maybe try some novices if all goes well, you never know, Le Lion may be within our reach if we work hard enough and she takes to being an event horse...

S_N

Visit site
Well I'm told that size isn't everything - I reckon that applies to her!! She's a cracker!! Have fun with PB - that woman is just awesome!!

Bossanova

Visit site
I know, love her to bits- we're so lucky she lives just down the road and does weekly or fortnightly sessions, no-one rivals her lessons for educating horses young and old

S_N

Visit site
Oooo you are lucky!! Her clinic at work last year was AWESOME to watch!! She just has such a way with words! You cannot train to teach like she does, you are born to it!

BBs

Visit site
YAY great news Boss
smile.gif
you so deserve a great horse, and Moon is turning in to such a star
smile.gif

I shall look forward to reading more about her and hopefully getting to see her run later on in the season.

Im very excited for you hun
smile.gif

Just think Mr Boss is not sure what he wants atm, just like someone at Uni wanting to take a year out, perhaps Mr Boss is wanting to do the same. Hopefully come March next year, he will pull his socks up and knuckle down again
grin.gif

Well done babe
smile.gif
now for goowwwd sake get someone to lend you some money quick before someone else spots Moons potential and offers some money
crazy.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
glad she is being inspiring after a pretty rough month for you. I thought she was 4 but assume from your post she is 5? Don't worry about size, plenty smaller than her have made it!