A Novel Idea

GTs

Visit site
So I was talking to my friend - he cracks me up! When he has a horse who need to be put down he sells the to the zoo for $0.70 per pound - delivers them live, they shoot it, chop it up and feed it to the lions. So instead of paying a vet to put your horse down, you take it to the zoo get a cheque for $700.00 - pays better than the hunts too!

susan_w

Visit site
I've known of horses taken to the local zoos - they are shot by the vet, then the zoo collect them. Don't know if any money changes hands. Not sure that I'd want to transport a live horse to the zoo, only to be killed there. Think that would be terrifying for the poor animal.

Pasha

Visit site
I know the lions have to eat too but there is no way I'd let them eat one of my horses!!

Also, considering zoos are home to endangered species, this is a bit reckless on the zoo's part - do they check for diseases etc?

Dogbetty141

Visit site
That is terrible if i had my horse PTS i would like it to be in a nice way and then spread ashes over fav place not to be devoured by lions. Pigs sheep and cows are for that job!

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That is terrible if i had my horse PTS i would like it to be in a nice way and then spread ashes over fav place not to be devoured by lions. Pigs sheep and cows are for that job!

[/ QUOTE ]
No different to being fed to the hounds IMO.

Think people who cremate their horses are insane - bad for the environment and a bit sick to have ashes hanging around (I know people with their horse on their mantle peice... wouldn't do that with horse or human!).

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
It is dead!! At least it is being recycled, I do not mean to sound uncaring but having had 2 horses pts after breaking legs, I only saw a dead body. My horses live on in memories, photo's etc. I never have to worry about whats happened to them, they will be forever safe. Under the circumstances I would not have travelled my horses to be shot, they were done at home. I have to say though if I had a horse that was ok to travel then as far as the horse was concerned they are just off on another journey. I dont see a Safari Park/Zoo being any different to the hunt.

severnmiles

Visit site
I expect its alot nicer being shot at the zoo (when lets face it I doubt they know much is up) rather than being taken to Potters or somewhere where they will definately know and have a much more stressed end.

Dogbetty141

Visit site

Think people who cremate their horses are insane - bad for the environment and a bit sick to have ashes hanging around (I know people with their horse on their mantle peice... wouldn't do that with horse or human!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not have my horse sent to be shot for meat at a zoo! Should we start doing that with Humans?? stop them being buried and having ashes spread? Why is it sick to spread ashes around? they disappear into the ground and are actually good fro growth of plants!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say spreading ashes is bad for the environment?????
That is rubbish - I have been told it is a good fertilizer and anyway it is natural for the body to return to the earth. As you believe it is bad for the environment I take it that you will be fed to animals?????