A Perfect PetPlan at Pachesham!

Lollysmum

Visit site
Well, I posted last week about what to expect from an Area Festival and said I would report back - so here goes...

We set out with no expectations whatsoever this weekend, BD has been consistent but not sparkly recently and I always try to play things down as L puts a lot of pressure on herself to do well. Anyway they were on in the warm up class at 8.45 and then the Festival Prelim at 9.15 so it meant a silly o'clock start. Warmed up well, all was very quiet when we arrived (the benefit of an early time) and the warm up class went well. Minor panic about remembering the test for the P19, but got over that and picked him up again ready for the main event. All went well until the second canter when I think L must have relaxed a fraction too much and he broke, but she recovered well and picked it up again - blink and you would have missed it - to finish with a grin (phew!)

picture.php

So we were all done by 9.30, pony on box munching and bacon frying in the living :D Nipped off to check her scores... 73% in the warm up and 72% in the Festival Class!:D Key overjoyed 13 year old and lots of pats and polos for the pony. So then we had to wait until midday to see how she had done, with me certain she would be pipped at the post! Well I'm happy to say I was wrong and she won both classes. Everyone was just made up, we took some wonderful photos in the mounted prize giving - if L smiled anymore her face would have cracked. So we pootled off home chuffed to bits and looking forward to the Novice on Sunday.

Cue another early morning as she had exactly the same times again for the Novice. God it was cold - I won't go into detail as this could be v v long, but the warm up class again went well until she didn't hear me call to halt at X and nearly made it to G before she stopped :rolleyes: Nerves then got the better of L and she almost had melt down as she couldn't remember the Novice test for the Festival Class. After some soothing words from me (not how I felt really!) she said the test to me and managed to get herself together. Lots of 'it really doesn't matter, just have fun' type comments kept coming out of my mouth which really didn't help as it winds L up as 'it matters to me' don't you know, but I couldn't help myself :p So in she went and did a lovely test - well lovely for her, I'm sure there are many that can do better.

picture.php

Once again all done and dusted by 9.30, more bacon butties, checking official photos and waiting around. She got 64% in the warm up and 68% in the Festival test. To cut this short (even I'm getting bored and I'm the gushy mother) she won the Novice too!!!!:D How shocked, delighted, proud and excited can one family be :p Cue lovely photo from prize giving and one delighted child

picture.php

All photos courtesy of a v proud Dad.

A massive thanks to everyone at Pachesham for such a lovely weekend, it helped we did so well, but the show was still very well run, friendly etc which must be hard work when it is so busy :)

Sorry if it's long and gushy - O and she got interviewed by H&H:D

luce1

Visit site
Very well done on your results :D I love your horsey!!

Out of interest - how did you find the warm up there?? I had to warm up n a field last weekend at the BD as the school was unrideable!!!

Lollysmum

Visit site
Thanks luce1 :) The warm up was fine, but I have to say we didn't worry about washing white legs for Sunday as he was black in the space of 5 mins. I think we were very lucky with the weather though..

BeckyD

Visit site
Oh my god! How incredible!! What amazing results. I hope your daughter enjoyed every minute of her win - bet she's still grinning now! Utterly fantastic.

Polotash

Visit site
Wow, that's a good weekend if ever I heard one!

Will look out in H and H, bound to be in there winning BOTH classes on BOTH days!

PS I couldn't see the piccie :0(

Lollysmum

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

BeckyD - I think she is still grinning, she's always wanted to win a sash and now she has two!!

It was such an unexpected result that it makes it all the nicer :)