A positive post - Livery V Non Livery

Rockchick

Visit site
Hi All

I thought i'd just post this as a positive post & to see what others think too

Up until recently I have had both my horses on various livery yards, left one because of services changing, 1 because of distance and massive price increase (distance wasnt a problem until price increased), 1 because of the lack of care for my horses and the yard etc becoming unsafe and the most recent one because of other issues which i will not go onto on here as its irrelevent and inappropriate :)

I am now based on private premises (just me, my horses the owner and her horses there)
now, we're not posh and dont have A rate facilities that most livery yards offer, however the standard of care my horses recieve is brilliant (theyre looked after how i would like them to be), we have good grazing without it being over lush - which suits me fine as my mare colics on lush grazing and has to be muzzled and my gelding goes hippo like :), however theyre never short of grass and hay has been provided in the field over winter to enhance grazing. The stables are plenty big enough and provide them with shelter (as a stable should lol), we have loads of hacking both on and off road and Ive made new friends in the area so alongside the owner of the place i always have someone to ride with (although on the rare occasion there isnt - im happy to ride alone) I also have access to a menage 5 mins down the lane from my place - which i use until ours is put in alongside having a paddock to ride in at my place - so we dont struggle :) Me and the owner of the place get on fine and im pretty much left to my own devices with regard to my horses - although help is on hand should i need it :) and nothing is ever too much trouble for the owner. In addition to this she provides all my feed, hay and bedding (unlimited and whatever sort of feed i want) in the livery package and provides full care mon-fri so all i have to do is ride - and i do it myself at weekends (they can be covered if needed) my horses are also turned out at the weekend for me if needed for no extra cost :)

All in all me and my horses are very happy - left to get on with it without being judged/ criticised for what i do or indeed dont do with my horses and theres certainly no bitching as there often can be at livery yards (as i have witnessed and been subject to in the past) and ive also had/ got access to various horsey events that ive been unable to do before :)

Just thought i'd share my happy thoughts with you lovely forum people :)