A question for Yorks People who've hired from Equitreck!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Ok, I know this is a question aimed at a very limited audience, but has anyone hired the sonic 3.5t direct from Equitrek near Huddersfield? If so, would you care to share how much the insurance cover was?

They don't include insurance in the hire costs buy it separately the cost of which I guess is based age/points etc. They've suggested it could be £60 for the day's hire. What with the hire cost, fuel and entry fees that's going to be a hell of an expensive day out and I'm not sure it's worth it!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
How much does it work out for the hire and the insurance roughly?

County Car hire is based in Oldham, just over the hill, and they hire a small box out (you know the ones like an Ifor trailer on a vehicle) for about £120 (I think).. Much easier to drive as well!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
How much does it work out for the hire and the insurance roughly?

County Car hire is based in Oldham, just over the hill, and they hire a small box out (you know the ones like an Ifor trailer on a vehicle) for about £120 (I think).. Much easier to drive as well!

With VAT and insurance I think about £180, assuming their guess of £60 insurance is right. £120 seems average per day for any others I seen for hire but normally includes insurance. I'll have a look at County Hire - thanks for that.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Sheesh - £180 for self drive for a day? (apologies if I have that wrong tho)

Thought Surrey was pricey, but our local fella has a small 4.5t Equitrek (as well as the big polo boxes) & is around £150 all in to hire his box with driver for the day, inc early starts.

Local self drive (Equitrek boxes) are around £100 inc insurance if over 25 (plus fuel if over xyz miles)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
There is a man in the Oldham area that hires Ifor trailers out, and I believe they're about £40 per day. I could try and find out his no if that interests you..

milo'n'molly

Visit site
Mis understood, was thinking 60 for box plus insurance and fuel. Running a box is expensive when you take into account the money spent on box to buy, mot, tax, fuel, repairs etc but that is still a lot of money. Give Richard a call at pro equine. Think this is his no, 07779413697. Just make sure its him coz I've got the no off someone. Based in Bradford and heard loads of good stuff about him. He'll drive and give you a hand