A quick question re stirrup leathers

daveismycat

Visit site
I'm just about to order some new stirrup leathers but not sure what length to get and my saddle isn't at home so I can't look at my old pair.

I'm 5'4" and don't ride very long (I usually end up punching new holes in my leathers for jumping length). Any clues as to whether I should order 48" or 54"??

Thanks

dwi

Visit site
Sorry, not very helpful but i have a cat called Dave too! People always think its a wierd name for a cat but I think it suits him.

lauraandjack

Visit site
I have the opposite problem to you in that I have long legs. However I bought myself some long stirrup leathers and they are too long, I had to get the hole punch out! So I would go for the shorter option!

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Erm, I'm 5' 2", do ride quite long and I think mine are 54" - came with a 17.5" saddle - I am four holes from the top on one and five on the other (just call me wonky donkey!) Don't know if that helps at all.

daveismycat

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've decided to wait till I've got my old leathers so I can measure them. I'm terrible for buying stuff that is the wrong size etc. We hav a garden shed full of the stuff!

Yes, Dave is a brilliant name for a cat. Although my Dave doesn't think he's a cat.....