A.R terrorists provide sport for shooters

severnmiles

Visit site
Anyone for a hog roast? :grin:

Honestly they always think they're helping the animals don't they...funny thing is that boar would hve probably spent his days siring and not gone for meat...now he's dead thanks to the AR lot.

Same thing happened near where I used to live, always knew when we were near one in the woods as the pointers used to turn themselves inside out.

Blairite

Visit site
Craggy,

The Nature of the Beast Never Changes. I keep telling you.

As the article states, this 'farmer' I use the term loosely, failed to satisfy the conditions of his license. He was quick to blame AR supporters, however, what proof does he have? It was more likely an inside job or funded by the Countryside Alliance or some other supporter of the Hunting Fraternity.

How improbable that the only people to have benefited from this escape was the Hunting Fraternity and their ilk. This "Mecca" for hunting is a happy coincidence, is that what we are to believe?

Regards

wrighty

Visit site
I believe that somtimes AR groups can create problems while doing the right thing but overall they do stop the pain and suffering of the animals.

Whoever released these animals highlighted the fact that the "farmer" did not follow the rules and his dangerous animals escaped.

I've seen people on here and in other places saying that AR people should be arrested and prosecuted but what happened to the bloke who broke the licence? Nothing apart from not being issued a licence again.
Let's prosecute the animal owners who break the rules.

oakash

Visit site
Wrighty, you seem to be advocating terrorism. What you are really suggesting is that the action of the AR nutters is OK because THEY decided that the boars should be released. Never mind the distress caused to the animals or the farmer.

Translate the premise into Moslem extremists thinking what THEY do is 'right' and you have an identical situation.

These people are a cancer in our society and have to be cut out.

DingDongScabiousOnHi

Visit site
Quite right!

The farmer obviously didn't have adequate security to stop people breaking in to his farm and releasing the wild boar.

This causes a serious danger to the public.

The AR people hghlighted this by releasing them.

wrighty

Visit site
"Wrighty, you seem to be advocating terrorism"
No, I am advocating direct, none violent action against some farmers/breeders.

"What you are really suggesting is that the action of the AR nutters is OK because THEY decided that the boars should be released."
So the action of hunters (fox or other wise) is ok because THEY decide it is ok?
Some animals MAY be harmed through this but is a small number compared with the animals that ARE harmed by farmers, hunters, etc.

"Translate the premise into Moslem extremists thinking what THEY do is 'right' and you have an identical situation."
Don't talk s***e, non violent direct action has nothing to do with ANY extremist group using violence against ANYONE. The majority of Muslims do not agree with what a small amount do in the name of their cause, the majority of AR people think the same way.
How can you honestly compare the release of some anmals with the deaths caused by some religious groups.

peakpark

Visit site

Quote/ The farmer obviously didn't have adequate security to stop people breaking in to his farm and releasing the wild boar.
This causes a serious danger to the public /quote/

Er.......
Bulls can be dangerous. Cattle are kept in fields which could easily be 'broken into' by maybe just opening the gate.
Are you suggesting that all farmers should protect every field with high security prison style barriers just in case some animal rights morons should be tempted to release the stock?

wrighty

Visit site
"Bulls can be dangerous. Cattle are kept in fields which could easily be 'broken into' by maybe just opening the gate."
I doubt that a bull would be under the same restrictions as other dangerous animals.
I don't think anyone is saying all animals that might be a danger should be behind stricter security measures BUT if they have a history of dangerous activities (a dog that bites people, a horse that kicks at people or even a budgie that pecks at people's eyes) the owner has a responsability to protect others.
The farmer broke the terms of his licence and this contributed to the release of the boars, no matter who released them.

oakash

Visit site
Wrighty, wrap it up how you want..call it 'non-violent direct action' if you want..

But at the end you and your fellows are fascists at heart. You think you can dictate what people do by threatening them and trying to disrupt their legal activities.

I have to say that if you were in my sights I would be VERY tempted to apply a bit of non-violent pressure on the trigger!

DingDongScabiousOnHi

Visit site
Hang on just a second here.

This 'farmer' leaves dangerous wild boars unattened in a fiel;d and you are blaming the people who released them? That's just madness. These brave people have risked life and limb in order to release his animals to expose his appalling refusal to conform to his lisence and total disregard for the safety of the general public and you think they are to blame not him?

That is sheer madness.

On the suibject of bulls in fields. Yes they are clearly a danger to the general public and cows as well for that matter.

No we at last have the right to roam these animals should be kept in sheds.

wrighty

Visit site
"if you were in my sights I would be VERY tempted to apply a bit of non-violent pressure on the trigger!"
That would be a violent action.

I don't think you're understanding.
I do not support anyone who uses violence and threats against anyone but I do support peole stopping animal cruelty.

"You think you can dictate what people do by threatening them and trying to disrupt their legal activities."
How many hunters have threatened hunt monitors for doing their legal activity? Hmmm?

wrighty

Visit site
"No we at last have the right to roam these animals should be kept in sheds."
(I am assuming it should be "Now" at the start of that)

Sorry mate but you're wrong on this one.
Just because we have the right to roam it doesn't mean that all the animals should be ocked up in sheds. Protect the public yes but don't take it out on the animals.

Eagle_day

Visit site
"Protect the public yes but don't take it out on the animals."

Like right to roam does on ground nesting birds? Nature conservation and unlimited public access are not compatible.

wrighty

Visit site
If we are talking about bulls/cows I doubt that there will be that many ground nesting birds in the fields.

It is strange though that you say "Nature conservation and unlimited public access are not compatible." but rushing over the land with horses and hounds is, or have we decided that hunting no longer benifits nature conservation?

It's hard to keep up with hunters, they keep changing the story.

Eagle_day

Visit site
It's hard to keep up with antis because they don't listen ... or think.

Land over which we hunt is not usually subject to unlimited access, visited only a handful of times over a 7 month season, and then not during the nesting season. It's quite simple: we hunt in Autumn and Winter; wildlife nests/breeds in Spring.

OrangeEmpire

www.equestrian-portrait.com
What no one seems to have noticed here is that the release of a herd of boar into a fragile ecosystem will have massively damaged the local plants and wildlife. Whatever the rights or wrongs of breeding boar, people that recklessly release animals into a immensely valuable and delicate environment are not remotely interested in the welfare of animals at all. Or at least not the naturally occuring ones anyway.

wrighty

Visit site
"It's hard to keep up with antis because they don't listen"
I still think that this thread was about AR, relasing animals and then onto dangerous bull/cows. The ground nesting bird issue hasn't been associated with the hunting.

Try to keep your threads in order..

wrighty

Visit site
"What no one seems to have noticed here is that the release of a herd of boar into a fragile ecosystem will have massively damaged the local plants and wildlife. Whatever the rights or wrongs of breeding boar, people that recklessly release animals into a immensely valuable and delicate environment are not remotely interested in the welfare of animals at all. Or at least not the naturally occuring ones anyway."

I thought it had already been discussed about the rights/wrongs of releasing animals.
We can argue all day about who released the boar, if the farmer was in the wrong for not following the terms of his licence, who actually released the boar or the pros and cons of wild boar returning to the wild country from where they were iradicated by hunters and farmers in the past.

Saying "are not remotely interested in the welfare of animals at all" is a bit silly isn't it? I might agree with that some may be misguided but not "not remotely interested"

And as for
"Or at least not the naturally occuring ones anyway."
How can a Pro say this when the hunt and kill naturally occuring animals?

DingDongScabiousOnHi

Visit site
Not if they were shot by a competant marksman.

If I was to do the job it'd be straight between the eyes with a high powered rifle.

You wouldn't know a thing cos your brains woulkd be sprayed about twelve feet behind you.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I don't think you should be advocating violence.
And what if you're not a competent shot?
The other thing to be cautious of, is the boars. Apparently they are highly intelligent and may become vengeful if they feel threatened.
No, best let them roam free.
S :)

wrighty

Visit site

This muppet is talking about shooting me and saying that if the person was a "competant marksman" it wouldn't be a violent act
Please come to Hereford, look for Creden Hill and tell that to the people around there that shooting people isn't a violent act, I believe some of them might be or know someone who is a "competant marksman".

I think the ideas of people in the late 80s and early 90's might have been right about the effect of violent films and video games.

Oh, are you saying you're going to set your dogs on me or the boar? It's hard to keep up with who you're threatening.

DingDongScabiousOnHi

Visit site
If I couldn't get a clean shot then I would consider it less cruel bto set the dogs on you than to wound you and let you run off to die of your wounds in some ditch.

I'd be acting with your best interests at heart.

Wouldn't you quite like to shoot someone Wrighty? If you could get a good clean shot I'd have thought it would be quite satisfying.

DingDongScabiousOnHi

Visit site
A couple of these boys'd do the trick.

StagHounds.jpg