a rant sorry guys

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
was happily trotting my horse up the lane yesterday, pony in front with mum walking beside, no lead rein, kid about 13 or so, i duly walked a good few yards before. my boy being the bouncy sort bounced up the road and caught them up im on a 16.3 they have a 13hh or so, naturally i was going to catch them up. i asked if they would mind if i walked past the mum turned round and said suppose you have now you have upset our pony, bear in mind the pony hadnt even turned round and looked at me coming up behind. i felt like trotting past and carrying on but decided to be polite and walk until i was well out of their sight. what are people like eh, she was really snooty, its people like that that give us riders a bad name.
mad.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Thats what happened to my friend, she was out hacking on the roads and there was a child being lead on a little pony on the busy main road miles ahead. My friend was also on a 16.2 so caught up pretty quickly.

The pony didn't even bat an eyelid and neither did the child but as my friend approached the mum swung her pony around in the middle of the road bringing all the cars to a stand still and started screaming at my friend for not keeping her distance when she could see the child was a begginer. She then accused my friend (who still hadn't said anything back at this point) in being one of the stuck up people with their own yard with noe respect.

My friend said that actually she was on a livery yard and that maybe she shouldn't be leadinga child on a busy main road and trotted off with the women still causing havoc in the middle of the road
shocked.gif

tabithakat64

Visit site
Have had this happen to me when I've been out riding and someone has thoughtlessly trotted/cantered up behind Lady who will spook and gallop off. Walking behind and passing in a safe place is sensible behaviour, I always wear a please pass wide and slow tabbard and expect people to respect that, you sound like you behaved reasonably and the mother over reacted. Even when people have cantered right up to me and Lady's shot off, I'm not rude because that encourages the other party to be rude and inconsiderate, I just explain that she is spooky, nervous and ask them to walk until they are out of sight. Trotting/cantering up behind another horse when out hacking, especially when on a road, no matter how calm the other horse may seem is an acccident waiting to happen...