A REAL dressage test...;)

icyfreya

Visit site
A. Enter in working trot. ... X. Halt. ... G. Try to halt again. ... C. Freeze in horror at judge's ferocious glare. Salute hurriedly. Track left. Proceed in collected bunnyhop. H. Rustle of spectator's crisp packet. H.X.F. Extended bolt. F. Track right. (Just.) F.A.K .E. Working gallop right. E. Circle right 20 metres strange polyhedron. E. Freestyle pirhouette, change rein. E.K.A .F.B. Counter canter, cross canter, camel canter. B. Medium bird shuffling in bush. B.X. Working spook left. X. Freestyle piaffe. X.K. Freestyle half pass (backwards). K.E.H .C.M.B.F .A. Working trot (bouncing). A. Veer right. A.D.X .G. Extended walk. G. Halt. Attempted immobility. Trembling salute. Leave arena walk on a long rein, muttering "You're for sale" under breath...;) :D

squirtlysmum

Visit site
Ah yes, well at least you got around the arena, in a style! Mine was - Enter at A working trot, at X notice two large cracked mirrors and strange wooden box which have eaten humans, X rein back again and again and again, leave arena whilst looking like demented giraffe!!
Oh the joys of dressage!!

kirinsam

Visit site
How I sympatise...........my first dressage with kiri was enter at A , proceed to X , stand on 2 legs and wave at the judge......... I did however win best turned out on that day , never has a prize been given so much as a sympathy gesture!

Fools Motto

Visit site
I've done that test OP!!
I added the 'jump over shadow Phenomenon' more times than was necessary. Side step at horse eating flowers was also a movement.

I had to laugh, in all seriousness not one movement was remotely like it should have been. I didn't even bother to collect my score sheet!

Tiffany

Visit site
Must be a real test because I've done it :D

Have you tried this one - very short!

Enter at A in working trot proceed down centre line to C spin and gallop back towards A and out of arena :D

CatStew

Visit site
Haha that made me chuckle! My (more then capable, yet nervous mum) plucked up the courage to take our spooky mare to dressage at a local show several years ago. Happily, our mare went round relatively well, albeit slightly tense to start with but she soon settled down and one of the movements was to perform a free walk on the long rein across the diagonal. The arena was on grass. Mare took it as an excellent opportunity to have a break in the middle of the arena and have a quick snack. It was highly embarrassing!

Stephanotis

Visit site
You have all made me very happy, especially with first test for 6 months looming on Sunday, I really really really thought it was just me and psycho pony who did freestyle dressage lol

maree t

Visit site
Excellent. Friends daughter took her loan pony into a class. the comments after were priceless. Left arena at a, reentered arena at f, left arena again at b whilst bucking. She didnt get placed !!
Sons comments at the end of a ODE test' I think perhaps he looks forward to the x country section more' Too true , went for my son aswell !!
Daughter took the same pony to another test ' well sat and patiently ridden, will do a nice test if he learns to listen to the rider '

icyfreya

Visit site
It's such a shame you don't get extra marks for adding in freestyle moves, and sitting all the mad spooks etc ;) just to add this wasn't an actual dressage test that i was doing, still have yet to do my first dressage test on my new boy, i just saw this and thought i'd share it with you all :) but i do sort of expect my first test to go something like this, as this is pretty much how he behaves at home when we try to do proper dressage :rolleyes: :D

Janah

Visit site
I've done test like that, usually involved a lot of canter at various speeds!!! and spooking at everything including judge's car.

unbalanced

Visit site
The shortest dressage test I've ever seen was:
attempt to enter arena at A
nap
back up
run backwards
circle
spin
try again
retire

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
My first ever dressage test on my boy was in an indoor school with mirrors and we'd never been in an indoor school before. It was ... interesting.

Bell went. Enter at A working trot. Plant at A. Do ENORMOUS pile of poo.

Judge was very tactful on my score sheet, bless her.

oscarwild

Visit site
I did my first ever dressage test last year and we worked lovely in 3 quarters of the arena but every time we got down towards C we leap spun did half pass etc. We came second last to someone who couldnt get there horse to trot for half the arena. I beat that person by 1 point so it must have been a bad test. lol.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The Current Appy was sure that she knew better than I did what we should be doing when we did our first dressage test last year :D She has shown since she was little, so KNEW that she should gallop down the long side :eek: None of the walk and trot was bad, but the lack of stopping power really showed up in canter :D