A Rosie update

Rosiefan

Visit site
We had a brilliant holiday - lots of walking, laughing, eating, talking, visits to various pubs and games of pool and the weather wasn't too bad either.

Rosie went swimming most days at the hotel at the top of the road. They very kindly gave us one free membership so that someone could go with her so they get a plug - the St. Moritz, Trebetherick. The highlight for me was when Rosie said that until now, she'd only been able to think that life was really good before her accident until this particular day, coming back from swimming, she looked at the beautiful blue/green sea and thought that life is pretty good now too - that made us all smile. She improved enormously while we were away, getting stronger and steadier and much more talkative.

Since we've been back she has ridden every day. They were given a pony last year (Shirley) who had become - to quote R - a bit of a cowbag for her previous owner. She's been with them all winter being hacked out and generally chilling and they decided to give it a whirl and see if Rosie could cope. She could and did, riding her for ages each time and even doing tiny jumps. Her Mum says she improves all the time during the rides but still can't quite keep her right hand still although it's barely discernible - it's just that she is looking very closely.

The Mark Davies Injured Riders Fund http://www.mdirf.co.uk/ have been absolutely brilliant and have provided her with a Wii + sports and exercise games and the Injured Jockeys Fund http://www.ijf.org.uk/ have sent her a cheque so many thanks to them too.

We are very lucky that Rosie is recovering so well and we all sincerely hope that Izzy D will be up and about (and riding) very soon.

Thank you all again for your continued prayers/positive thoughts and support - it has helped hugely and we really do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Teresa x

dsophiea

Visit site
thats brilliant. hope she keeps on improving
smile.gif

jules89

Visit site
Thank you for the update, it is so wonderful to hear how well she is doing. You must be so proud x

Maloo

Visit site
Its wonderful to hear of Rosies continued improvement - the MDIRF are fab aren't they (they helped a friends daudhter who had a nasty polocrosse accident last year). I'm sure it wont be too long until she is out competing again and showing us all how it should be done!!

Continued positive vibes for Rosies complete recovery.

kt_p

Visit site
Wonderful news so glad to hear she is doing well! Hope she keeps going from strength to strength x

DW Team

Visit site
How wonderful to read some good news for a change thank you for the update. My thoughts and prayers are very much with you all and I hope that Rosie continues with her recovery.

Goya

Visit site
My thoughts, prayers and good vibes are still very much with you also.
Rosie is such a fighter. She is an example to us all. Well done. Keep up the good work.

Worried1

Visit site
Fantastic news - it's great to hear how well she is doing and how generous people can be. Keep it up Rosie!
smile.gif

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
When we left Houghton there were two girls stood at the gate with a bucket rattling. We saw that it was the "R.C Cheer Up Fund" and our purses came out straight away. Hope that it helps her, and so glad to hear that she's getting better! xx

k1963

Visit site
I'm so pleased to hear the news . The MDIRF are great . I went to a show shortly after the fund was set up & bought a sweatshirt & a mug from their stand- both are still going strong !

Very best wishes to Rosie , yourself & all her family & friends .

Caroline .