A Sad Post for Me.

EventingMad

Visit site
That i've got to sell Dylan, me and parents have been discussing it and come to the decision it just isn't fair to keep him on Working Livery at College as his schooling and way of going is gradually going down hill. You can just he isn't enjoying life anymore and has lost his cheeky but sweet nature and obviously with the current financial times my parents are going to be needing the money.

I know he has always been more of a competition horse for me rather then being more of a family horse than Paddy but i've built a bond, partnership and friendship with him that has meaned so much to me. I’m going to miss cheeky ways him constantly trying to escape ,untying himself, how gets so excited about jumping after a break just little things that I never thought I would miss really! We have both helped each other out on so many occasions and he is truly a talented horse. I just so guilty now for not biting the bullet as of were to get out competing him more i have done some but not enough for him and i really believe he would of been better of with someone else, out Eventing already. As this is what he loves and is really was bred to do.
frown.gif

It just seem like this has come at the worst possible time for us (sounds drastic I know!), i have just planned our competition plan all out ready to go BE in May/June time.Then i had planned all our events out for that and after the announcement was made about the Grassfoot Festival now being held at Badminton that was going to be are main ambition to qualify as a partnership to prove ourselves.

For a months now selling him has been on the cards due to the general way he is at college and i have said to parents and friends he is too blooming good to be wasted there. So i would much rather see him out and about, which would mean most of all he would enjoy himself rather than, me keeping him there until college finishes for my own personal ambitions. Now the final thing is the money situation, which I totally understand and respect so we have made this decision. I have had many tireless nights with thinking about this and shed a few tears over it all but I know I have made the right decision.
confused.gif
but
smile.gif
for him.

Sorry for such a ramble just needed to get it of my chest and explain it more. Lots of Wine and Chocolate if you make it this far as well!
grin.gif

zozo

Visit site
know exactual how your feeling! ive got to do exactual the same at the moment. Only difference is mine is not at college, but i am and ive not got the time to ride him. it breaking my heart. If you ever want to talk just pm! Big hugs

Divasmum

Visit site
That's sad. However when he gets a super new home you will really enjoy watching for his compettion results. He will be happy out competing. Working livery horses do get a wide range of riders who are giving varied aids etc. He will be much happier with a competition rider.

crackersluvrat

Visit site
That's a real shame for you, but I do agree it will benefit him not being at college as he will go so much further with just one rider and you never know if you keep in touch with the new owners you may still be able to compete him if you found the right sort of home, good luck! I will miss seeing him on the yard, he's got such a sweet face and there is a severe lack of 'ginger' ponies!