A sorry to my boy

oldie48

Visit site
That's heartening, pleased you've got your nice boy back again. Fatty is vile at the moment, he came with no manners and although he improved, he's now gone backwards and tried to kick my OK yesterday! Roll on some better weather!

Supertrooper

Visit site
That's heartening, pleased you've got your nice boy back again. Fatty is vile at the moment, he came with no manners and although he improved, he's now gone backwards and tried to kick my OK yesterday! Roll on some better weather!
It’s not fun is it, mine was semi wild and a stallion till he was six. World Horse Welfare say they’ll always revert back to feral mode when they feel under pressure or stress. He definitely does.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
What a timely post, I was thinking exactly the same thing this week. My highland is becoming really grumpy and tetchy, its been a horrid winter. hes fed up, Im fed up, hes getting bargy and rude and I just cant be bothered to argue with him. He lost a shoe this week as well so no riding this weekend. Ive got Cheltenham week off so hopefully I can start to get a grip then and we will fall back in love!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Aww, glad he's reverted back to sanity. Will be spring soon.

I've got one who is a bit fed up of the mud and rain now, she's fine with us but is a bit irritable in the field with the others. And I've got one who is ridiculous atm...I mean he's always a bit ridiculous but he's been really pushing the boat out in the last couple of weeks...so he is back in proper work to see if we can do something useful with that energy!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I think that, overall, taking the combination of wind, rain, snow, sleet, hailstones, that this has been (and according to the forecast still is) the worst winter in slightly longer than I can remember.

Thankfully, so far at least, ours have retained their manners. Then again they don't really have to do much other than stand for a daily check over. There's no way I'm getting on Titch, though at least the ground would offer a soft land, albeit with the danger of drowning!

Hopefully(!) the better weather is coming and neds will return to being their usual pleasant selves.