A sort of how much post... but not too!

_jetset_

Visit site
I think I have even confused myself with that title, LOL!

I am looking at a horse to loan this week, and I think she sounds exactly what I am looking for. She is actually for sale too, but I think she is up for less than she should be having looked at some horses on the internet.

She is 17hh WBxTB, five years old and professionally broken then given the year off. Very kind temperment and handled a lot... she also has an expressive movement.

Some of the horses I have looked at on the internet are ridiculously high prices, even when their parentage is not particularly exciting! I just think prices are getting completely out of hand at the moment, but as I have not bought a horse for over five years I just think that I might be behind the times a little.

What do you think?

_jetset_

Visit site
Around £2,500 I think... I hope this isn't classed as defammatory in any way, as I am saying I think she is worth much more compared to the rest of the market!

CastleMouse

Visit site
That sounds VERY cheap, she could have some soundness problems possibly
confused.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
That's what I was wondering but nothing was mentioned through the vast number of emails that have gone between us... I am sure this would have come up if this was the case.

rrose

Visit site
imho the market for young horses are expensive but i think aroun £2500-£3500 sounds right for a horse that has been broken proffesionally and is young. are you interested in this horse or where you just bowsing?
grin.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
thats what i would pay for a youngster as then you are not loosing too much if somethings goes wrong or you sell it later on. But i do think that many of the horses today are going for stupid prices as people are selling them on potential not what they have done

_jetset_

Visit site
That's what I think... I was looking the other day and could not believe some of the prices. There is a four year old by Gribaldi (I know he is fantastic) for £15,500... I just think that is far too much just because of the name of the sire!