A spot of crime

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I'm off to illegally hunt hares with dogs this weekend.

Does any one know of anyone who could possibly be bothered to prosecute me for such a ridiculous crime?

Just curious...

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I had a great little hunt last night.

I went after deer and then did a little hare hunting.

The police, RSPCA, LACS and Hunt Watch don't lift a finger to stop me.

I can't help thinking there must be something wrong with the law.

JAK

Visit site
Have you always been a smug plonker or did you go to a special course at 'university' (I use the term loosely, as of course, any old two bit college can call itself a university nowadays!) to qualify for the full plonker repetoire? :p

And what's with your avatar - what IS that all about, eh? :confused:

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
This forum is for sensible intelligent debate regarding hunting and the Hunting Act. Not personal attacks on people JAP.

There's nothing wrong with being a smug plonker, I have no idea but for all I know you may well be one too.

What is it you object to about my avatar exactly? Do you think yours is especially praise worthy? It looks to me like some dork on a horse next to a car. Big deal.

Chestnut_filly12

www.x-mrsnaildudeman-x.piczo.com
Can I just ask, Giles, as you appear to know the hunting act rather well (unlike me!) what is ACTUALLY against the law?

I heard it was using two or more dogs to flush out a fox...?

And please, no lengthy explanations using vocabulary someone as young as I cannot understand!

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"what is ACTUALLY against the law?"

One of the problems with it is that no one actually knows for certain, including the people who passed it.

I've been through it with the government and they say doing anything which falls within the meaning of the word 'hunt' to a wild mammal with a dog.

This includes searching for animals, driving them away (dispersal) as well as chasing them.

There need be no need of any intent to catch or to kill the animal, nor need there be any cruelty.

If you know your dog is hunting animals (for example scaring deer away or scent trailing them) and you do not stop it then you are hunting.

I break the law by walking my dogs and letting them flush out deer. My dogs have never killed a deer but that makes no difference. If I used two dogs I could stay within the law, but only if I shot the deer once they are flushed out. It's irrelevant whether the deer are chased.

The law is like this because they are worried about having to prove intent to kill or cruelty so they've taken the need for them away. They've also taken away the justification for the law.

Basically you're guilty even though you're doing nothing wrong.

The flip side of all this is of course that any one can openly break the Hunting Act and the authorities will do nothing because they know the law is ridiculous.

It's a classic New Labour law, passed by people whose attitude is completely cynical. They couldn't care less if people break the law because they're too busy flouting it themselves.

Don't worry too much though, no one has to obey it.

Chestnut_filly12

www.x-mrsnaildudeman-x.piczo.com
"dont worry too much though, no one has to obey it"

Lol! :) thank you giles!

there were these two boys who were charged with "hunting" when what really happened is that they were walking their dogs and the dogs sniffed down a rabbit hole.

Or something like that...

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I am going to make these PMS with JAC public, people should nnot be able to get away with sending such abusive messages and keeping them private:

Me to JAK

I've reported you to hho admin for breaking the forum rules.

It's not that I am particularily offended but you are clearly not the sort of person who should be using the forum.

BTW I do have a 2:1 in being a smug GIT but not a plonker.

You obviously can't tell the difference.

BTW what's your qualification? I suspect you did post grad?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
JAP to me:

Maybe you should be reported to the relevant authorities for openly admitting to 'hunting with dogs' etc.?
Hare numbers are rapidly declining & it may well not be long before they will be officially classed as 'rare' in the UK, which is in no small part down to the activities of people just like you!

You are without doubt, one of the most revoltingly smug, self-satisfied, self-opinionated people ever to pollute these forums & I would suggest it is you who should be deemed unsuitable to participate!

I seldom venture into the Hunting Forum, as it appears to be full of smug twits very much like yourself, not to mention blatant liars, those there simply to wind people up & propoganda mongers all clogging up the rather overloaded server & slowing down the forum!

Report me all you like - should I be 'banned', so what - I actually have a life outside of HHO! I should miss the many nice people I have met on here but certainly not your pathetic drivel!
You have no regard for UK wildlife, peoples' feelings & are happy to wind people up to nuclear meltdown levels, yet go scurrying to Admin when they finally respond - a very lower class response usually & I suspect you have never actually hunted anything in your entire life!

Don't PM me again - like ever!

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Me back to GAC

Oh and by the way, I was winding you up about reporting you. I obviously succeeded. However overly precious, self important people like you deserve to be wound up.

Why on earth am I responsible for making hares rare? I spend a lot of time conserving the bit of ground I look after and have never killed a hare on it. How do my activities harm hares?

You obviously haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

severnmiles

Visit site
Wow, JAK has certainly managed to insult everyone who ventures in the hunting forum.

Not impressed, I'll be steering clear of him/her in other area's of HHO. Very narrow-minded to tarr us all with the same brush.

As for hares, in my neck of the wood its bad sport to run a dog on a hare and frowned upon, in other area's of the UK those who respect their quarry will not run a dog on hares throughout the summer months, for obvious reasons.

Karla

Visit site
I don't know who's most weird - you, Faggus the Pigman or Soggyblahblah. You're probably one and the same person. Sad.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
It's an internet forum kalrla don't take it too seriously. Do you have anything sensible to say otr are you just here to attempt to insult people. In which case, piss off.

Karla

Visit site
As Sidesaddle has doubtless told you - there's an "ignore" button you can use if you don't like reading a particular person's posts.

Hope that helps!