A Summer of Scarlett

southerncomfort

Visit site
Well that was unexpected..... I sent a picture of a horse I liked the look of to my RI. She rang me and said I should buy Scarlett. I said that I'd love to but for the small matter of her not being for sale..... but apparently the owner spoke to my RI to see how it was going and my lovely RI said Scarlett was settled and happy and we were getting on great. And then she asked my RI to ask if I wanted her. To which the answer is YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having her vetted for insurance and peace of mind. But I can't imagine there being an issue really. Not a sale ending one anyway. So that's my news. The summer romance that ended in marriage :p:p:p

Hello You

210928621_4165544003525649_2044750249372603244_n.jpg

208348478_4165544140192302_1947036017883856073_n.jpg

208794040_4150798111666905_6752475905628623045_n.jpg

208927549_4150796011667115_3732115232949753539_n.jpg

This is BRILLIANT news!!

I am grinning from ear to ear for you!

Lexi_

Visit site
Yayyyyy! I’m so pleased for you. Did laugh when this thread opened back up on exactly this post though ?

It's going to be SOOOOO hard. I need to be very careful to keep some sort of emotional distance from her. But I really, really like her. There is zero chance of the owner selling or extending though. So I need to be realistic about that!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Yayyyyy! I’m so pleased for you. Did laugh when this thread opened back up on exactly this post though ?

Haha! Owner was so gutted to be forced to loan and was so upset when she dropped her off with me. But she said the hardest part was making the decision to loan. And now she has decided to let her stay where she is so she can save for a deposit on a house. It seemed completely out of the question so I never let myself view her as mine. Silly things like not feeling able to tweak feed or use a different type of hoof hardener. I did exactly what I was asked to do. But now she's MINE! Or will be very soon anyway.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Awww AE I'm absolutely thrilled for you ? You seem perfect together, some things are just meant to be ❤❤❤

However, you must wash your mouth out with soap for the comments below ???? Poor geldings ???? Geldings for the win..!!!! (Well someone has to stick up for the boys ??)

Not really. I have never known a gelding as affectionate as Toby and Amber is very aloof. I think I like their sensitivity and cleverness. I am bemused by the comment 'Gelding or non mareish mare' on wanted ads. I'd want to put 'mare or non geldingish gelding!' I've had some lovely geldings but they have had a dullness, a stubborn streak. My good mares have been on side or p1ssed off and you know where you are. They don't just sulk randomly. And they have been clever, careful, alert, aware. Geldings just seem to missing some spark that my good mares have all had.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I’d be very happy if she was considering I’m currently on my 4th (and last) attempt this year with Amber! I’ve got an empty foaling box looking forlorn at the yard that a baby Scarlett would fill nicely. But unlikely unless immaculate conception is a possibility. X

TheMule

Visit site
I’d be very happy if she was considering I’m currently on my 4th (and last) attempt this year with Amber! I’ve got an empty foaling box looking forlorn at the yard that a baby Scarlett would fill nicely. But unlikely unless immaculate conception is a possibility. X

Oh goodness- have you tried switching stallions?
?it works this time

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Yep tried 2 stallions and tried fresh as well as chilled. Vet is brilliant and renowned for getting mares in foal when others have failed. He's tried a few things. But But perhaps it's just not meant to be.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yep tried 2 stallions and tried fresh as well as chilled. Vet is brilliant and renowned for getting mares in foal when others have failed. He's tried a few things. But But perhaps it's just not meant to be.

That's pants. :confused: She's clearly taken those birth control chats seriously. Do the vets have any idea why?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
No, everything looks fine. But some mares just don't take. But I have a plan b, possibly! So I'm not too disheartened.

Caol Ila

Visit site
And some do, whether you want them to or not. :rolleyes:

Are you thinking of getting a weanling? Being nosey about plan B. :)