A very poorly pony .....

Merrymoles

Visit site
Nothing useful to add, except that I am a big fan of soaked grass nuts for any horse that is not eating well, especially if access to more grass is not easy. If she is happy with the Equerry Mash, stick with that until you know more.

Poor girl - but at least she has ended up with a caring owner. I'll keep everything crossed for her and you and your daughter.

holeymoley

Visit site
I second Keyflow Pink Mash is great for tummies and can give them a bit of condtion if fed in quantity. I would just be careful what she gets though and any changes. I wouldn't be wanting to change if she's getting a lot of different things administrated to her at the moment.

tristar

Visit site
have you tried cutting fresh grass for her, a pair of shears and a bucket go out find some nice green grass and chop, then feed, thoughts are with you. xx

windand rain

Visit site
I use pink mash for my oldies now after hearing about it on here To be honest more of what she will eat in small frequent meals would be my first thought I would also speak to Sandra at Equidgel her feeds are based on liquid so may help with this problem. From what I understand these are also balanced meals so have all the nutrients the horse needs

Quigleyandme

Visit site
My Young Dales gelding went off his food shortly after I bought him. He was reluctant to drink too. An endoscope revealed a guttural pouch infection. Even after the infection cleared from his system he refused all food and would only drink a little hay tea. This went on for five weeks during which he didn't poo once. We moved him from isolation to a barn with company and he picked up a bit but was still anorexic. The local feed merchant suggested Balanced Horse Feeds Show Mix because it is very soft and very sweet and he loved it. He also had sachets of something called HP Strong (one sachet per buffalo per day) that was an Indian pick me up and smelt like curry powder. I think it was from Global Herbs. Good luck with your pony.

smiggy

Visit site
Has your Vet done routine blood tests to check for liver function?
Always a possibility if from a dodgy background
Hopefully not but worth checking if not done yet

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
My Young Dales gelding went off his food shortly after I bought him. He was reluctant to drink too. An endoscope revealed a guttural pouch infection. Even after the infection cleared from his system he refused all food and would only drink a little hay tea. This went on for five weeks during which he didn't poo once. We moved him from isolation to a barn with company and he picked up a bit but was still anorexic. The local feed merchant suggested Balanced Horse Feeds Show Mix because it is very soft and very sweet and he loved it. He also had sachets of something called HP Strong (one sachet per buffalo per day) that was an Indian pick me up and smelt like curry powder. I think it was from Global Herbs. Good luck with your pony.

I was going to suggest the Balanced Horse Feeds Show Mix too. Had great success with it.

Daughter of the Moor

Visit site
You have received lots of practical advice which I can't add to but I just want to say that whatever happens she is a lucky pony to have landed with someone prepared to make an effort for her which I suspect has been sadly lacking in her past. I really hope you can get her well and have lots of fun with her in the future.

Hazkirbo

www.instagram.com
I would be sorely tempted to get her scoped for ulcers, our horse didn't present like a horse with ulcers at all. The extent of any present may well dictate how long she needs to be on Gastroguard for and Sulcralfate may also help. An ultrasound of her lungs would also help diagnose anything in her lungs from choking and determine if further antibiotics are required.
I used to part loan a cob who presented exactly the same and it was also ulcers.