A video - Not for fainthearted !!

teapot

Visit site
That's just an anti racing propaganda video, fuelled by the deaths at the Cheltenham festival.

It's so biased, it makes me mad
mad.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
i know thats what i thought, im not one sided i wanted to see what peoples views were, you can definitley tell its one sided, as you think how many races are held and somewhat probably not even 10 clips of horses falling over the last god knows how many years?!! xxx

moodymare1987

Visit site
i know im sorry for you having to see that, there was a debate on that video on you tube but wanted to see if anyone had the same thoughts as the people that posted it in first place zzz

Skhosu

Visit site
the first one the only thing I can see triggering it is the jockey moving his legs up slightly and the leader walking forwards?
Not sure what happened there but my god I wouldn't sit on that horse!
Anyone know what it's doing now?

moodymare1987

Visit site
dont get me wrong i do think its sick but wanted to see what people thought as on you tube a few are trying to say the horses are made to do it, and are pumped full of stuff to make them run and jump??

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the first one the only thing I can see triggering it is the jockey moving his legs up slightly and the leader walking forwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that...look at the circumstances..rthere are no other horses around.....strange if at a race dont cha think...

the horse has been taken away from others,
the jockey never got his feet in the stirrups and moves away from the horse when it rears rather than combating it.........

why are they mounting with a lunge line?

its all abit strange and looks like they nknow what happens.....

sorona

Visit site
That is one gymnastic horse, poor thing. We do expect a lot from our beasies and are lucky things like that dont happen more often!
The racing one made me feel quite ill, it is horrible to watch.

L

lilym

sorry i find that video anti racing propoganda, it's not just racing that horses ket killed in you know, think of how many horses are killed in road accidents out hacking.......no one has suggested that be banned have they????? i find this sort of sentimentalist crap very, very annoying. at the end of the day these horse are bred for the job like it or not, and when you put the deaths into context against the thousands of horses who are raced every week in the u.k you will then see the true figures. i have known horses to break their neck falling in the feild...should turnout be banned too........off to find large roll of cotton wool to wrap horsie in......

sorona

Visit site
Cmon, it is still distubing to watch from a horse lovers point of view though! I dont think racing should be banned but it still upset me to watch the clip even if it is anti racing propoganda. Watching any animal suffer is not easy viewing. I dont think the horses are actually bred to be killed though, not like cattle, they are bred to race and the deaths are just an unfortunate risk. Any horse, athelete, gymnast, etc that competes at a high level is putting themselves in danger, whist some people thrive on the adrenalin rush, so do some horses!

moodymare1987

Visit site
i agree totally, im not saying i found the video amusing to watch or anything of the sort, but i dont think racing should be banned, as it is unfortunate for the odd horses that do fall, loads of horses get kicked and die in fields, so does that mean we they are going to ban putting them in fields?? no

kirstyfk

Visit site
Lilym I agree bad stuff happens to horses whatever they are doing, as you said hacking, showjumping, xc. But because racing has a higher profile then anything else these these fools only see it happeneing in racing.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Actually, i've just looked up the horse in the first video.. it has run 8 times, completing all bar one where it pulled up (so it at least started that one too).. and it came 3rd twice (3rd out of 8 once, and 3rd out of 16 another time)..

I'm just wondering what that horse is like to train at home.. i mean they've got to get it fit somehow.. and they obviously have for it to have run and been placed...

teapot

Visit site
Interesting that the commentators on the first video say that the horse has already injured someone and that they hoped it would never been on the racecourse again I think

Or something like that