A warning to all those in Herts

Thistle

Visit site
I have just been told about a yard fire near Stevenage where sadly 4 horses died last night. My (very relaible) source tells me that the fire service believe that the fire was started deliberately.

Please take extra care and keep a close eye on your stables, seems like that are some crazy people about.

cambrica

Visit site
How tragic. Stable fire's are my worst nightmare. I'm not far from Stevenage in Beds and had similar break ins in the past i.e. looking for my sons quad that we had actually taken home. So sad.

Keenjean

Visit site
It's true unfortunately. 4 horses including a coloured stallion who went to HOYS for the cuddy last year were killed. Utterly devastating for the owners and a very sad loss. My worst nightmare!

lucy1752

New User
Visit site
I have just been told about a yard fire near Stevenage where sadly 4 horses died last night. My (very relaible) source tells me that the fire service believe that the fire was started deliberately.

Please take extra care and keep a close eye on your stables, seems like that are some crazy people about.

it is true that 4 horses lost there lives during the fire, including Calvin (Parkdene Music Man) who is a 4 year old show pony who this time last year was competing in HOYS; Her sons pony who just that day had been in a riding lesson with a young disabled girl; another horse and Calvins 6 month old foal.

Police have determined that the theives where trying to gain access to a metal container which had a quad bike and tack in it, but while using an angle grinder to get the locks off, the sparks caught light to the hay/straw next door and set the whole thing up in flames. This was not a deliberate attack however it takes less than 30 seconds to let 4 horses out of there stables, but instead they decided to run.

The police have all the details of everything stolen, including serial numbers of items so fingers crossed there will at least be some justice for this poor family.

My heart goes out to Jenna and her family, nothing will make the pain go away, but hopefully justice will run its course.

I personally know of at least 10 yard burglarys in herts and beds within the last 2 weeks, so everyone please be aware of what is going on around you, lock everything up, dont take any chances.

Herts05

Visit site
Bump again
And a plea to all those on livery yards to ensure you follow the correct lock up procedures and make sure you don't just ignore any unusual activity on or around the yard. Vigilance pays off

AntxGeorgiax

Visit site
Sadly, it was my friend jenna's yard.
it is such a horrible thing to happen and sadly all 4 horses died, they put so much work into the horses and it was a lovely yard. whoever did it was disgusting and i hope they get their comeuppance!

spottybotty

Visit site
This has really affected the horse community in the area. I know that Jenna is absolutly devasted. She got a phone call at one in the morning and met the fire engines at the yard. The poor woman watched her horses burn! :( I hope to god that the scum that did this get caught. They started a fire and just left, why the hell did they not just open the stable doors!?? BARSTEWARDS. :(

indie999

Visit site
They are murderers. You would know if a spark set ie hay alight it goes like electricity, you wouldnt even walk 5 yards before it went up like a rocket. So I dont know how they didnt know what they were leaving behind. I just feel so sad for the lady and her ponies. I keep thinking about this as its not far from me and although theft is common for tack etc to lose your animals by the hand of scum, they are evil. I hope they can live with what they have done cowardly scum . Words just cant describe. Those poor animals, no chance and they depend on us humans so much. So sorry. Karma does exist and even if it takes years it will catch up with them. RIP lovely horses. Someone must know who did this that night.