A Year Ago Tomorrow...

Cedars

Visit site
Chloe was put to sleep.

I won't be able to post tomorrow, I have a very busy and important day at uni, but I wanted to post so there was somewhere to hold my emotions.

Someone once said "it's a fearful thing, to love what death can touch". Chloe was my first dog, my best friend, my protector and my guardian. She was so smart, so brave and she sat by my side through a few pretty awful years.

I wear some of her ashes in a pendant above my heart, the rest sit in our living room. I originally wanted to scatter them but it felt wrong - so she stays where she still should be, with us.

I miss you every day, Chloebear. You brought Bracken up to be the very best dog he could be - you did a better job than we ever did with you! He reminds me of you every day, it makes me smile.

I'm not sure where you are now sweetpea, I don't know what follows. But what matters is that you were my first dog, a true soul mate, and you are in my heart always.

x

IMG_0359.jpg

NeverSayNever

Visit site
oh bless you Cedars (hugs) I felt every word of what you wrote, having lost my own 15 year old black lab last Easter. I know it really hurts doesnt it. Chloe sounds a wee gem and as you say, will always be in your heart x