aaaaahhh, just can't stand it

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I'm in a breed group like that. About 75% of the people ask ridiculous questions, and even the more reasonable questions are ones they should have asked the breeder. But of course the majority have gone for cheap pups with no breeder back up, and half the time looking at the photos they haven't even got a pure bred pup. And don't get me started on the people who buy a bitch then fly into a blind panic when it comes in season.

Twohorses

Visit site
"Those people", on the FB groups, wold be better off sticking to stuffed toys. If they can't discipline their children, they won't do any better with a dog -- or a horse:)

I don't belong to any FB groups as there is too much bad and MIS-information floating around. I've also left a couple of horse forums for the same reason. Many people don't want to know facts, they only want their "ears tickled" --- in other words tell them what they WANT to hear not what they NEED to hear:)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I follow a few Raw fb groups. And yes a lot of them seem pretty hapless. And if you suggest a vet for their lethargic, blood in diahorea dog - you're a troll......🙄😏🤨🤔

fankino04

Visit site
On a similar theme I went to a few alaskan malamute meet ups and had to stop going as there were so many people with such unruly dogs being dragged all over the place and all agreeing with each other that you can't stop them from pulling as it's what they were bred to do, like wise with same sex aggression that you just have to accept as part of the breed. I got an absolute mouthful off a few of them as when we got into the middle of the park I let my completely dog neutral dog off the lead, apparently that's so irresponsible as this breed has no recall, I called him back and like normal he came back straight away and sat at my feet but I still got a lecture that I'm irresponsible as 1 day he just won't. I put a lot of effort into training my boy to walk without pulling, to recall, and to ignore other dogs unless told to "go play" but because he's a malamute I'm obviously wrong as they can't be trained!

Leo Walker

Visit site
This was my OH. I had my big dog when I met him but he was a fairly civilised adult. When we got Floyd he was horrified. He actually said to me "this is ridiculous, hes knows NOTHING!" Further questioning revealed that he thought Floyd should know his name and be house trained at least a bit. We got Floyd at 7 weeks old. He claims he was joking but he wasnt. Then the puppy biting started and he wanted nothing to do with him. He kept asking if there was something wrong with him and panicking he was going to be aggressive and suggesting we take him back.

He did come round eventually and he adores him now, but honestly! This is a reasonably intelligent middle aged man who has lived with a dog. But he genuinely had no understanding of what puppies are actually like.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm on a deaf dog group in Facebook and so many people ask questions like "what's the sign for sit?" Or similar. Without seeming to have any concept that the sign for sit can be whatever the heck you like... they seem to think there's something intrinsic in the actual sign that the dog will understand. Although the commonly used signs do seem to be derived from hand actions you would use to lure the behaviours with a treat because that is easier to teach. You could still have the sign for sit be patting your own head if you wanted. Lol.

What always got me when helping with puppy classes was how the vast majority of people's main priority seemed to be teaching "give a paw". And then later complained when the pup was bashing their kids with its bigger than they used to be paws constantly.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
sp8590.jpg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

That is just superb! I was on a springer group last night where there was someone telling everyone a certain food is used by thousands, is fine etc. The reviews are 2/5 on allaboutdogfood, it’s mostly cereals. Big manufacturer, known for cutesy adverts and colouring their food, plus using carcinogenics. You know the one. I just stopped answering her madness. She told me raw food is full of disease but couldn’t tell me which ones.

Chiffy

Visit site
I am going to buck the trend here. I belong to a fabulous Flatcoat group. Everyone is encouraging and supportive, no back biting. Most questions are sensible and get helpful replies. There is support for happy posts and sad. The photos posted are wonderful and we are a big happy family. The admin keep an eye on things, only allow flatcoat owners and are understanding and not bossy.

Chiffy

Visit site
Hey MOC, I actually meant the admin are not bossy. I belonged to a another group and the admin had so many rules and interrupted so many posts that there was a horrible atmosphere.
This group is the tops, so it is possible.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I cannot join any group that calls dogs 'furbabies' the term makes me gag. FGS! FURBABIES!!

But, I always talk to you about my fur babies, and my ponios 😂

I am the same. I love my animals, I really do, and I would fight to the death for any one of them, but at the end of the day, they are my pets. I do call them darling, my little princess whatever when I’m talking to them mind you. If they’re being naughty I have also been known to call them dog food (horses) or the dogs have been called all sorts of names. The cat seems to be the only one who gets away with everything, and that’s because he just gives the look that only cats can!

deb_l222

Visit site
Take a look at the springer groups, they will have you in stitches :)

"Aww look everyone, this is Fluffles our new 8 week old springer". Responses of; "aww, isn't he cute" etc etc.

Six months later Fluffles is back

"Looking for advice from you lovely people. Fluffles is chewing up the house while we're at work 8 hours a day, with a 2 hour commute. Is 10 hours too long to leave a puppy? Someone has suggested crate training but how do you get them to chew the crate and not the furniture?"

Smacks head in despair :rolleyes:

I rarely comment, unless there's some bonkers person who has an animal with a leg hanging off looking for veterinary advice on how to treat it. As above, life is too short to get wound up by fools of the highest order :p