Aaargh! Can any please tell me the secret for.......

jasperspuzzle

New User
Visit site
removing urine stains?

My lovely coloured cob seems to have a distinctly yellow off hind from curling up in his box at night. No matter how much i shampoo and 'bright white' it he just doesn't seem to get any cleaner.

Can anyone share with me the secret to keeping white bits white instead of nasty yellow?

Thanks all,

JP

MagicMelon

Visit site
Have you tried washing it with fairy liquid? Then follow that with Canter Stain Removing Shampoo? Then finally using that purple hair shampoo (for old ladies, has like a purple tinge which is meant I believe, for taking the yellow out of blonde / grey?).

Thats what I use when I need a really white horse (or especially in their first wash after the winter). Although saying that, Ive had the odd grey who simply would NOT go white, they always had a slightly yellowy tinge!

Lvrees

www.supergroom.co.uk
I find HiltonHerbs ocean Blue Shampoo is fab, I have a coloured who I show, and during the winter when he doesnt show he doesnt get bathed, so he goes a gross yellow colour, so I wash him with Pantenne Sleek and shine then with the hilton herbs shampoo, I also find that cowboy magic green stain remover is great too.

bing

Visit site
Cowboy magic do a stain remover

fab

S
spray on stain - emulsify with fingers and wipe off with damp towel - its gone

Trust me it works

ru-fi-do

Visit site
My grey loves to lie in wee and poo, it must keep her warm at night!
shocked.gif
I have to wipe her neck and face most mornings. I boil a kettle and add sugar and vinegar, when it has cooled enough to touch but it still steaming, if that makes sense
smile.gif
. I use a flannel and wipe her, the warmth seems to 'lift' the stains out, i find this works really well without getting her too wet, then i just dry her off with a towel.

Janette

Visit site
My sympathies..... I too have a black, white and yellow horse!

Pantene is good at removing stains, as is the Cowboy Magic Green Stain remover. That's pricey though
mad.gif
The answer is to just keep chipping away at it. Give it all a good wash, and use spray on stain remover (Cowboy Magic etc) to keep on top of the stain in between washes.
Ultimately, just hope that the stained hair moults off in the Spring. Whitening Powder mixed to a yoghurty consistency is excellent at covering up these chemical stains

lusty

Visit site
Also hibi scrub is good for removing stains. I also buy Stain Remover spray by Gold Label, spray it on and give it a god scrub then shampoo it off.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Do you wash it every day?

I used to look after a grey dressage horse and had to wash his hocks every day just to keep on top of it, if I left them I'd never get them white! I used Bloom Gold Label white horse shampoo and on competition days I used to put white paste on them leave it to dry then brush off.

Good luck!