Abbey Alternative

C1airey

Visit site
Saddlery peeps!

Is there anywhere I can buy super-small batches of fittings, or even individual ones? I need a 11/2” brass harness ring and I am loathe to bulk up an order to £15 with Abbey for the sake of one ring!

Or does anyone on here have one they’d be willing to sell/swap?

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Depends on what you want, abbey are a dead loss and after 35 years I dont tend to use them much now,they suffer from no stock or sending me the wrong item as well as being more expensive than retail prices which as a wholesaler is a joke. Leprevo have fittings but cant rem minimum order, most wholesalers will have a minimum order unfortunately. I resorted to buying as swage off of ebay recently but it's the wrong pattern for what I need it for (making up some false martingales for heavy horse harness) and of course it was the size I didn't have, just needed one more!
Ebay is good for one or two items just dont try the chinese made stuff, its usually their own pattern and doesn't match the English saddlery fittings and some of the UK sellers don't know what it is they are selling so make sure you ask lots of questions on sizes.They are very often selling fittings for crafts people and not saddlery trades people. I may have 1 1/2" brass harness ring lurking you can have, will have a look through the workshop tomorrow, Oz

Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
Can you post a pic of the exact piece, i may have one i don't need! but i would need to measure it, it may be smaller.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site