abcess?

dwi

Visit site
Daisy is a piebald with black lips and today a small white lump about the size of a 5p appeared on the underside of her top lip. I prodded at it a bit and a bit of pus came out although not much at all. I rinsed it but wasn't sure what else to do.

Very experienced YO is going to have a look at it for me tomorrow, would you call a vet, is it something i could deal with and if so how?

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Is it on the inside of the lip or the outside? She may have got a thorn or splinter in it when grazing (or browsing the hedge like a giraffe if she is anything like my horse
crazy.gif
) I would keep an eye on it and maybe rinse with warm salt-water. If is starts to get very reddened, increase in size of doesn't get better in a few days I would get the vet then.

dwi

Visit site
On the bottom of the lip where it touches the lower lip if that makes sense. It probably was her grazing the hawthorn hedge.

Thanks for the reassurance, I will keep rinsing.

PF - what if she wriggles when I advance on her with the peroxide and it goes in her mouth? Even if she's really good i would have thought some would be bound to get into her mouth.