Acceptable price.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
What would you say is an acceptable price for about... 5 acres of land? It's just my parents say that if the chance pops up, we might buy a paddock, but only if the price is reasonable. I know location makes a difference... So what about near failand? There's about 8 acres right outside bristol, but they want 70k for that, and there's no way we could ever pay that much.

samp

Visit site
If that was in Surrey you'd be probably paying double that - prices are mad. For a 12 box yard, 8 acres, school went up for £350,000 accomodation is not allowed!

pottamus

Visit site
It really is as much as you want to pay really! Everyone seems to want land at the moment. There was a paddock near us in Derbyshire that went for £40k and that was 3 acres and all on a slope with a small barn. The slope is so steep that the only livestock you could put on it are sheep!!! But there were people queing for that...god knows why!

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
Eep, maybe we'll stick with livery xD

Near where my friends live they bought a paddock off their back garden for 4k... They live in the middle of no-where though, and this was a couple of years ago
frown.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
The smaller the field the more per acre you end up paying, so if it is 70k for 8 acres you are probably looking at 50k for 4. THere is a place near trowbridge - which will be cheaper than Bristol which I think was 3 acres with 3 stables and that was £100k

Parkranger

Visit site
that's a how long is a piece of string question!! Depends on whether the land is greenbelt or brownbelt (BB you can build on so worth more) and a whole load of other things....sorry, not much help.