Accident on M5

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Just heard of a bad accident on the M5 junction 19 involving two horse boxes.

My thoughts are with all involved
I've heard its bad :(

putasocinit

Visit site
For goodness sake, not another one, so sorry for the horse, hope drivers are okay, wish they would slow down on route home from a show

Nicnac

Visit site
Yes, posted elsewhere. Sam Osborne's horse Stevey's Lad was killed. Tragic news and thoughts with Sam.

Kokopelli

Visit site
The weather was horrific around there today, the amount of standing water on the motorway was so dangerous even going slow it was an absolute death trap.

My thoughts are with those concerned.

lhotse

Visit site
This has been posted on fb
' The car in front of the lorry was my parents who saw the whole thing and stopped to help. The small 3.5 tonne horse box started to breakdown and was trying to get onto the hard shoulder. The lorry behind went into the rear drivers side of the small lorry. The horse in the first lorry was killed instantly. There was a horse and a pony in the lorry behind, one of which was cast and my dad got it up and kept them both calm until the vet got there. They were taken to Bushy with cuts and scrapes which are not believed to be life threatening. One of the passengers in the first lorry had to be cut out of it but I dont believe there were any injuries, all very shocked though. It apparently happened very quickly in very bad conditions. A horrific accident and my family's thoughts are will all involved.'

Horrendous accident for all involved.

Fools Motto

Visit site
Sorry this made me chuckle, yes speed is always a factor, it's fairly hard to have an accident at a standstill!

YOU may at at a standstill, but others may not.
Very sad news, and hope all can recover from their frightening ordeal. Poor horse, hope it was quick for him.

MochaDun

Visit site
Just been looking at his pictures on his owner's page, I didn't know of him - RIP beautiful chap :( Hope all human injuries are minor too, the horror of it all will take longer to overcome, poor people, sounds like a tragic accident. That stretch of the motorway is bad in OK conditions, let alone the horrendous rain we've had today. Just two weeks ago a huge lorry (not horses) overturned and went through the crash barrier going in the same direction between those two motorway junctions.

Pigeon

Visit site
Oh god how heartbreaking :( Hope the drivers and other two horses are all okay, and RIP poor, beautiful Stevey's Lad :(