Accidently deleted....

LizzieJ

Visit site
Accidently deleted last post because the lovely non-horsey OH was looking over shoulder! Anyway he has bought me an elevator bridle for my birthday! Fantastic but he didn't realise that bridles come in different sizes and it's a cob but the mare it's for needs an extra full. It's the first time he's bought me anything horsey - he's still terrified of them after 3 and bit years - and I don't have the heart to tell him it's the wrong size! not sure what to do though because my little thoroughbred already has one! He spent ages on the net trying to find me a nice pressie for my 30th and he did sooo well, it's just the wrong size!

Natalie_H

Visit site
As per my reply to first post - ask for the receipt for tack insurance purposes, then change it for the right size!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I suspected as much that was why it vanished ha ha

as said best break the news gently at end of the day your not exchanging it for something different you are only getting the next size up! Its like shoes and clothes how very rarely will men actually buy the right size for their partners? and to be honest i would be hugely impressed if any of my ex's had bought something for a horse in anywhere near the correct size without total fluke involved!!

pixie

Visit site
lol, isn't is just typical of men that they buy women's stuff too small (wishful thinking!), unless its a bra where it'll be too big (yet more wishful thinking!!).

Just tell him how much you love it, but say that it isn't the right size, so you'd like to exchange it for a larger size.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Be honest with him! He'll be chuffed to pieces that he bought you a present that you love so much anyway. Besides which if you don't tell him you could end up with an entire collection of tack for a cob that you have no use for!