Accused of trolling, someone please enlighten me!!

MrsNorris

Visit site
Ok everyone, a few users on here have accused me of being a troll and I'm pretty pissed about it.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?731247-Sick-to-death!!

I joined this forum initially in 2006 but didn't really come on here or start posting till August 6 2012.

Every thread I have ever started and post I have replied to is on here for all to see.

If anyone has any idea what these posters are referring to, please let me know.

I know I shouldn't get upset, but I am.

I have never trolled in my life.

The said posters won't give me any idea of who they think I am supposed to be, other than that the troll poster called people 'dear' and had various users using the account, does that ring any bells with anyone?

I will be contacting admin just to double check that my account hasn't been hacked in any way.

Levrier, why not just tell me the username that the troll was using? I would have something to go on then.

And maybe admin could put you right, I'll ask them.

monkeymad

Visit site
I can remember a poster on here who used the phrase "dear" rather a lot!! I found her posts hilarious, she reminded me of a cross between Dame Edna and Margot from the Good Life!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
In which case there is another MrsNorris, spelt perhaps in a slightly different manner. Which would be an unfortunate coincidence for yourself as it was a name used by multiple already registered users specifically for the purpose of trolling the board.

_HP_

Visit site
Oh...I thought you were the same Mrs Norris too but assumed you'd left your trouble making days behind you lol

SpringArising

Visit site
Wouldn't worry either way. Can't help but think that anyone who has time to get worked up over a 'troll' has a little too much time on their hands.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Ahh it all becomes a little clearer. I changed my user name probably a year ago now, used to be hollybear, I chose MrsNorris as I like Harry Potter and it's the name of Filches cat, had no idea it had been used previously by trolls.
Admin must have deleted the previous corrupted account, thus allowing me to use that username, how unfortunate!
I can assure everyone that I have no connection whatsoever with any previous users of that name, and will change my username back to hollybear now just to avoid any further confusion. Thanks for that ester, was starting to feel really bullied and upset.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Ok everyone, a few users on here have accused me of being a troll and I'm pretty pissed about it.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?731247-Sick-to-death!!

I joined this forum initially in 2006 but didn't really come on here or start posting till August 6 2012.

Every thread I have ever started and post I have replied to is on here for all to see.

If anyone has any idea what these posters are referring to, please let me know.

I know I shouldn't get upset, but I am.

I have never trolled in my life.

The said posters won't give me any idea of who they think I am supposed to be, other than that the troll poster called people 'dear' and had various users using the account, does that ring any bells with anyone?

I will be contacting admin just to double check that my account hasn't been hacked in any way.

Levrier, why not just tell me the username that the troll was using? I would have something to go on then.

And maybe admin could put you right, I'll ask them.

Don't worry about these small minded, individuals who always seem to upset others my bringing down innocent posts into a personal attack.

This forum has many individuals who seem to continually hound, or be mean or spiteful against a total stranger for certain reasons they feel needs addressing, sad really.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Don't worry about these small minded, individuals who always seem to upset others my bringing down innocent posts into a personal attack.

This forum has many individuals who seem to continually hound, or be mean or spiteful against a total stranger for certain reasons they feel needs addressing, sad really.

Yep....

Hope you feel better soon and I would recommend giving metformin a go.

My lami horse was on it for five years and we tried to do a shown ween off and the month after he was clear he came down with LGL.

It's the metformin that helped him stay sound.

MrsNorris

Visit site
I think they believe you to be this "Mrs Norris", OP:

https://forums-secure.horseandhound.co.uk/showthread.php?727457-HHO-Trolls

See posts 123 - 125.

I'm sure Admin will clear it up if asked. Best wishes re your horse, btw.

Thanks Kaimar

Oh how funny, well at least I'm literate and coherent, sorry I've bored some of you so much though.

Don't think I'll bother posting on here anymore, thought it was somewhere I could get good advise and speak with like-minded, educated people, seems I was wrong :(
Edited to say thanks for the kind words posted whilst I was writing this, much appreciated :)

Last edited:

case895

Visit site
If it is a any consolation, I have absolutely no idea who you are and I have no recollection of anything that you have ever posted.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Ah that makes more sense, I wondered how you had been on the forum for so long as MrsNorris and no one had mentioned it previously :)

Sorry you feel a bit targetted, It was even a bit before my time too I think but made a lot of people pretty unhappy so I think it has likely stirred up that feeling again for some of the old timers so please don't hold it against them. I too presumed you were one of the previous users using the account but in an innocuous way! Please stay!

MrsNorris

Visit site
Ah that makes more sense, I wondered how you had been on the forum for so long as MrsNorris and no one had mentioned it previously :)

Sorry you feel a bit targetted, It was even a bit before my time too I think but made a lot of people pretty unhappy so I think it has likely stirred up that feeling again for some of the old timers so please don't hold it against them. I too presumed you were one of the previous users using the account but in an innocuous way! Please stay!

Thanks ester, makes me feel much better, think it was the way levrier refused to accept anything I was saying that was upsetting, guilty until proven innocent, and she was very insulting..

Evie91

Visit site
Just your named jogged my memory and thought (wrongly) that you were the poster with a horse called bear and then a little foal. Generally quite good at remembering horse names just not people or posters!

MrsNorris

Visit site
Just your named jogged my memory and thought (wrongly) that you were the poster with a horse called bear and then a little foal. Generally quite good at remembering horse names just not people or posters!
No, it's my dogs who are holly and bear lol

{97702}

Visit site
Thanks ester, makes me feel much better, think it was the way levrier refused to accept anything I was saying that was upsetting, guilty until proven innocent, and she was very insulting..

Mrs Norris - or Hollybear if you prefer - I most humbly and abjectly apologise. as Ester has correctly surmised, I had assumed you were the other user (with an underscore!) who was a troll several years ago (after you joined but before you changed your name)

I am very sorry that you were upset, I was completely in the wrong & allowed myself to be misled by my strong feelings of dislike towards the troll Mrs_Norris and the foul atmosphere that the group of users behind that troll caused on this forum. It is totally unacceptable that I have been ignorant enough to become one of their kind by my misinterpretation of the facts, I hope you feel able to stay & receive help and support from less judgemental forum users

FfionWinnie

Visit site

She doesn't like me either. Really not worth taking to heart.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have worked out you weren't the same poster as accused and as I already said, it took me only a few seconds to find the other one (also before my time) and get the facts straight.

EllenJay

Visit site
Lévrier;13295481 said:
Mrs Norris - or Hollybear if you prefer - I most humbly and abjectly apologise. as Ester has correctly surmised, I had assumed you were the other user (with an underscore!) who was a troll several years ago (after you joined but before you changed your name)

I am very sorry that you were upset, I was completely in the wrong & allowed myself to be misled by my strong feelings of dislike towards the troll Mrs_Norris and the foul atmosphere that the group of users behind that troll caused on this forum. It is totally unacceptable that I have been ignorant enough to become one of their kind by my misinterpretation of the facts, I hope you feel able to stay & receive help and support from less judgemental forum users

A lovely apology - perhaps you could repeat it on the original thread, and maybe ask admin to delete your comments. Too often, and too fast on this forum are cries of "TROLL".

{97702}

Visit site
I can ask but unfortunately I know from experience they won't delete the posts! Will try & copy & paste on to the other thread but I'm on my phone so it might not work....

Sorry no I have tried but phone will not cooperate - if anyone wants to copy for me that would be great, thanks

Last edited:

mytwofriends

Visit site
OP, I know this has now been resolved, but I was genuinely surprised at the original post and how it turned so quickly.

I'd read it at the time, up to a certain point, but having no EMS knowledge to share, never posted. So when I clicked on the link I was as confused as you!

Good for the accusers to have backed down gracefully though. No sour grapes which was nice to read.

rachk89

Visit site
Thanks Kaimar

Oh how funny, well at least I'm literate and coherent, sorry I've bored some of you so much though.

Don't think I'll bother posting on here anymore, thought it was somewhere I could get good advise and speak with like-minded, educated people, seems I was wrong :(
Edited to say thanks for the kind words posted whilst I was writing this, much appreciated :)

Hope you don't stop posting just because of what a couple of idiots said. Just ignore them they were wrong and assumed and made an ass of themselves. There are like minded and educated people on here not just the troll hunters.

Shame only one of the accusers apologised to should have been all of them.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Lévrier;13295481 said:

:) thank you Levrier, my faith is restored!