Actual & Notional winnings - whats the difference?

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Can anyone explain, getting confused???
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Actual is what you get on the day, Notional is what you are graded against. Notional can never be more than Actual.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Actual is the money that you have won but notational is what you go by.

You may win £30 in a class but sometimes they only put £20 on your card so that would be what you go by rather than what you actually won.

ETS: I am thick and had to change a spelling mistake ha ha

KarenX

Visit site
Actual winnings are what you actually win on the day... eg. £50 say for winning a newcomers. Notional is what you get for that class eg for winning a newcomers class you would get £15 (I think from memory) on your horses card towards his grading. The idea of notional winnings is to give your horse more time in novice classes and stop him from upgrading too quickly.

Hope that helps..

Karen
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Actual winnings are what you actually win on the day... eg. £50 say for winning a newcomers. Notional is what you get for that class eg for winning a newcomers class you would get £15 (I think from memory) on your horses card towards his grading. The idea of notional winnings is to give your horse more time in novice classes and stop him from upgrading too quickly.

Hope that helps..

Karen

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in pony mode Karen...it's £30 Notional for a Newcomers LOL!

I've never really understood why they didn't just refer to 'Notional' as 'Points'...would have saved a lot of confusion
tongue.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
argh ok...maybe that explains why what i've won so far hasn't appeared on my records yet???

I got £11 BN but 4 faults and £12 for intro last week double clear....should these be on my records?

Rambo

Visit site
They'll appear...it'll take a bit longer than a week though lol! Expect at least a month delay between winning and it being recorded
shocked.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
MM - the notional is kind of what the place in that class is 'worth', as someone else said, like points in BD or eventing. The actual is what the show decides to give out - which can be more as an incentive to compete - so at somewhere like Limes where they do big classes to draw people in (£500 to the winner for example), the theory is that it is no more difficult to win there than somewhere without the big prize money, so your card will only include the notional, i.e. the value of that win at that level although your bank balance will benefit far more...

If the actual value went on your card, you could find yourself out of a category far too quickly - a disincentive to compete in classes with big prrize funds.

Has that made it more or less clear? LOL!