Adding on the new EWW.tv vids, comment on this...

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
He is a very careful jumper. He looked knackered when he had the run out like he just did not have the energy to think sharp about it. I think he looks like his natural pace is a lot slower. He is not a galloper.

jules89

Visit site
wink.gif
exactly what I thought.

LEC

www.youtube.com
I also have never seen a pro miss as much as Zara does. I think it shows what an awesome horse Toytown is as he digs her out of trouble all the time.

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I love PC Wilson, saw him do dressage at Hartpury last year and he was awesome, but even a pleb like me could see he was knackered pretty early on in that vid
frown.gif

Jess91

Visit site
he looks seriously tiered about 3 fences before the stop even?
i think i just assumed she would retire after the stop but i spose she must know the horse really well...?

Kentisheventer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I also have never seen a pro miss as much as Zara does. I think it shows what an awesome horse Toytown is as he digs her out of trouble all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that relevant?
confused.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
I must admit, Ruth E is a class act with an excellent record on a number of horses, but that's the second XC round I've seen of hers recently (the other one being Badminton) where she's looked far busier than I would like in front of the fence. We all interfere sometimes when we shouldn't, but she's really getting stuck in in a way which seems to me likely to distract the horse from the job in hand
confused.gif
Compare this with XC masters like Toddy and WFP or even such naturals as Polly Stockton and Lucy W. As far as the error was concerned, like others have said, horse was cooked. Although she continued, she did actually nurse it round the rest rather than buustling it along as she was previously.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Do you think that might be because, subconsciously or not, she has in mind comments that she's not tough enough/too concerned with detail (ie a dressage queen) and not aggressive/brave enough xc to be a solid team candidate? I'm not saying any of that is true or even a valid comment, but I have heard it voiced, although it seems to be prompted by the belief that you can't be good at eventing AND "proper" dressage without there being something wrong with you.
smile.gif

I just get the feeling she's looked a little desperate recently, very much at odds with her smooth, tactful image. I wonder if someone had a word in her ear or even a sidelong comment that she'd have to get tougher if she wanted a top spot and it's made her do things she wouldn't necessarily do on feel. She certainly wouldn't be the first person to react - good and bad - to such a comment.

LEC

www.youtube.com
I am wondering if its the type of horse as both Mayhem and PC Wilson are the larger type of horse which is very different to the type she first got noticed on - pocket rockets like Ice Dancer and Two Thyme. I think she looks more at home on the pocket rockets. I think the same for Pippa Funnell - she looks more at home on the big striding bold types going xc than those who need a bit more riding like Ensign and Chamrock.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Burgie is a tough course, its very hilly so you really do need a fit horse! I saw some of Ruth's round that day and it looked good what I saw. I think her horse simply isnt that natural a galloper and even when you think your horse is fit - Burgie can suggest otherwise!