adjustable saddles?

mrsk29

Visit site
Im saving up to buy my boy a gp leather adjustable saddle and wondered what everyones thoughts are on them and which are best?

Hes a tb and changes shape alot through the year, currently I have an adjustable wintec which seems ok for now.

Thanks

debsg

Visit site
I have a Kent and Masters leather adjustable saddle on my 5 yr old TB mare. The tree is the same as the Thorowgood one. I have had it for a year and I am very pleased with it.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I have a slightly unusual saddle which has an adjustable head, it can be made wider or narrower on a "screw" system using an allen key. Allows very flexible adjustment and can be used on a wide variety of horses. But just to mention that saddles have to fit in more places than just at the withers.

abbijay

Visit site
Another vote for the Kent & Masters! I love my high wither GP for my very funny shaped pony, saved me a small fortune in 'new' saddles. I'll be honest they're not the best saddle in the world but reasonably priced, good quality and within their range there is something to suit many horses.

Charlotte150

Visit site
We use bates or collegiate gp changeable gullet saddles, I prefer the collegiate one as it fits my fine Irish cross right through to a very stocky fjord very comfy too.:)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I have a slightly unusual saddle which has an adjustable head, it can be made wider or narrower on a "screw" system using an allen key. Allows very flexible adjustment and can be used on a wide variety of horses. But just to mention that saddles have to fit in more places than just at the withers.

Ditto. I'd always recommend having a saddle fitter check the saddle, I've seen too many people change the gullet for the wrong reasons eg to bring the saddle into balance, without regard to whether the tree is actually the right width or not.

A good saddle fitting ""colleage" from across the pond has a great blog and has written about this:

http://saddlefitter.blogspot.com/2009/11/from-tree-up-sub-topic-adjustable-trees.html#more

LouS

Visit site
I have a Kent and Masters and a Fairfax, mine are both jump saddles and I can't fault them to be honest, I prefer the Fairfax because its more blocky but I paid more for it so I'd expect that. I still always get a saddler to fit them for me though. They've been great for my youngster who went down a whole gullet size in 6 weeks work! Can't imagine having a saddle I couldn't adjust now.

Sandylou

Visit site
I bought a saddle company saddle. It's great and very reasonably priced considering I had it custom made. Not sure if they suit all horses though but I suppose that's the same with any saddle.

mrsk29

Visit site
I am going to get a saddle fitter out anyway so I know what ever I get will fit him right. I'm a worrier with stuff like that lol